aberdeen-music

Festival Memories

psydoll

The Best....

TITP (2005) when it was lovely weather....

Arriving when DFA1979 were on - alriight...

The cool-guys-infront-of-me-during-Maximo-Park's cool dancing and the fact one of them looked like Mani from Stone Roses with a straw hat

Prancing around the NME signing tent with my Mam during Athlete (we WERE taking the piss' date=' dont turn away in disgust) only to realise Simon from Biffy Clyro sitting behind the fence laughing at us

When Futureheads played Stupid and Shallow and the whole crowd participation thing with Hounds of Love - great stuff

When someone hot danced with me during Interpol then proceeded to try and ask me back to his tent while [b']I told him I had to meet my mam hahahaha yass!! (I didnt go)

The Shaun Ryder look-alike massaging my Mams shoulders until I told him I was her daughter - hahahaha

Seeing Johnny Borrell, following him to Ian Brown and forgetting who I was stalking because I was so happy Stone Roses were playing

Sons and Daughters, Bloc Party etc, etc....

The hatted man was probably the Lizard King. Fits the description anyway, because we are cool guys who were at Maximo Park with a Mani-lookalike

You go to festivals with your MOTHER?!?!?!?!

Best

1. Stumbling across bands i'd never heard of at T in the Park '98 or '99 like Deus, Muse, and Biffy Clyro

2. Dancing like a fanny to Lemon Jelly after drinking a bottle of absinthe during the course of the day, with free cans of tennants from the back stage fridges.

3. The ceildh tent- every year. Oh and the Proclaimers in the big enclosed stage at T in the Park 2002 or '03

Worst

1. Waking up next to my ex girlfriend at T in the Park 2001? '02?

2. Losing my shoes after seeing Rage Against the Machine at Leeds. They were my only pair, and i couldn't afford another. I had to go alll the way from Leeds to Aberdeen just in my smelly socks

3. Anything that involved poppers

Guest Frieda

Hahahaha! Hey there! My mama is pretty cool!! But no, it was her first festival, and she's all upset because Im going to Australia instead of TITP again this year.... a shame....

We are going to Glastonbury together again next year though! Yay!

Emm, well, he had blondie-ish hair and had shades on. You saw him and his chums 'larking about' on the highlights of Maximo Park on TV. If it was you, did you only REALLY 'go for it' when it looked like the camera was on you and the left-hand side of hte stage? If so, it may have been!

And also if so - you made me and my mams day!!

I know I was beside Aberdonians during Futureheads because Iv seen them on campus I think....

Hahahaha! Hey there! My mama is pretty cool!! But no' date=' it was her first festival, and she's all upset because Im going to Australia instead of TITP again this year.... a shame....

We are going to Glastonbury together again next year though! Yay!

Emm, well, he had blondie-ish hair and had shades on. You saw him and his chums 'larking about' on the highlights of Maximo Park on TV. If it was you, did you only REALLY 'go for it' when it looked like the camera was on you and the left-hand side of hte stage? If so, it may have been!

And also if so - you made me and my mams day!!

I know I was beside Aberdonians during Futureheads because Iv seen them on campus I think....[/quote']

I initially said it in jest, but it may have been us after all. We were at Futureheads though. It was rather good, wasn't it? I didn't see us on TV though during the 'Park, only me, Laxton's Superb and Steve Temple sitting on the ground during Eagles of Death Metal (in protest...)

As for the "going for it", we were going for it full tilt during the whole of Maximo thank you very much...

And the Lizard King is small and blonde and was probably wearing shades. But he's not actually a Mani lookalike, he's a Mani wannabee.

As for your mother, well...I only hope she's of a young enough age to make such an experience worthwhile...o_O

Guest Frieda

Hahahaha, aye aye....

In protest? whatever for?

Aaa well, it probably wasnt Lizard King, but you may have made our day if it had been you and the mani-wannabe infront of us too!!

Aye! Futureheads was amazing - but my mother was absent - I had to go it alone.... :down:

ps - doesnt everyone want to be mani though?

In protest? Because it was absolutely dire! There was nobody else worth watching at the same time though, I think.

I don't think even Mani wants to be Mani, or at least he shouldn't. Not after being confronted by that face every morning in the bathroom mirror

My favourite memory of that festival was sitting reading a book in my tent while a massive lightning storm pissed on everyone who was foolish enough to watch Placebo.

God that was dire' date=' especially when they brought on some rapper talking about 'fucking in the streets' or something, it was about as credible as bringing on Sue Pollard to do the Lambada.

Hmm, memories are so clouded...

[u']Best

Mainly the great bands I've seen, such as Rage Against the Machine, Muse, Blood Brothers, System of a Down, etc, maybe I'll edit this and list more once I look at old line-ups...

Hanging out with friends and having a nice time in the camp

Leeds last year, high-fiving strangers 'for Cilla Black', informing them that she died of a popper overdose; 'what I way to go,' I added as they ran away.

Worst

Drinking pretty much my whole weekend's supply of whisky on the first night of my first Leeds, getting lost in the campsite, lots of other debauchery as well as puking and having some sort of panic attack in my tent.

Having another alcohol-induced breakdown at T in the Park two years ago, this time lamenting the downfall of society as a mother and her daughter took turns to take their respective one-night stands into their tent. I later did a forward roll into their tent, and told them to look out for my name in the small-time regional weekly newspaper I worked for. I doubt they did. I drank so much that I missed 25 phone calls from my sister offering to give me a lift, and puked into a newspaper on the bus back to Perth. I turned over the page and kept reading.

Deciding that my drinking day in Leeds last year would be the Saturday, so I could have a nice sleep on Sunday before going back home on the Monday. On Sunday however I drank my daily supply of whisky in half and hour, went about consuming any type of alcohol I could, finished my emergency supply of whisky in my tent, alone, at about 1 in the morning, and could barely move at the ungodly hour of 6 when my friends woke me.

Good times, good times.

Guest Frieda

Hahahaha!! Thats kind of a shame is it not? Id want to be mani if I was a boy. He's cool in my eyes anyway, and The Stone Roses were one of me and my sisters first loves. I used to wake up with his face ebery morning on my bedroom wall, and its done me no harm..... yet....

I think I may haev saw you, Narc. Today at uni in Edward Wright. Judging by you and the Lizard Kings photos anyway. None of you resemble Mani in any way at all. But if you have checkered Vans and a sweeping fringe, then I saw you.

Hahahaha!! Thats kind of a shame is it not? Id want to be mani if I was a boy. He's cool in my eyes anyway' date=' and The Stone Roses were one of me and my sisters first loves. I used to wake up with his face ebery morning on my bedroom wall, and its done me no harm..... yet....

I think I may haev saw you, Narc. Today at uni in Edward Wright. Judging by you and the Lizard Kings photos anyway. None of you resemble Mani in any way at all. But if you have checkered Vans and a sweeping fringe, then I saw you.[/quote']

Sounds like you saw Laxton's Superb, you lucky lady.

Now stop this charade, NARC, we didn't "go for it" at all that weekend, so it wasn't us at Maximo Park or anything else

Sonic Youth TITP 2002, Slint ATP 2005, Bis TITP 1999, Eska TITP 2002, PRML SCRM Glasgow Green 2000, blah blah

My worst moment was getting my face cut by Neil HG, while chasing him naked around the campsite at TITP, after he kept bothering me in my tent.

Horrific, me holding my face, blood trickling down my arm, holding a plastic sheet round my waist.

hmm TITP 98' watching The Seahorses with john Squire making the guitar sing.

Getting fucking headbutted by some portugese cunt at Reading 03' when metallica headlined sunday and thinking that it was just like listening to a cd and i could have just sat at home and nothing would have changed...apart from not being headbutted and being dragged by security along the ground unconscious! Fuckers! All seemed to be glaswegian as well!

Danny.

Never been to a festival....the fucking hassle/expense/suffering of hot weather and shite bands/idiots/cunts/more idiots/lack of toilets/confiscation of water/etc etc I experienced at Milton Keynes last year seeing Green Day has convinced me that I haven't missed much.

Thankfully, there are a hell of a lot of festivals that are not like that! :)

I tend to see the big-name sponsored & large overcomerciallised type events as a bit of a warning sign to avoid tho. :(

Crap bogs is something you do tend to get immune to tho. Or learn to regualte/stick to a liquid diet! ;):D

Sounds like you saw Laxton's Superb' date=' you lucky lady.

Now stop this charade, NARC, we didn't "go for it" at all that weekend, so it wasn't us at Maximo Park or anything else[/quote']

Frieda, I'm in Andaluca, so it's impossible that it was me. Unless someone is filling my shoes in an unlikely "year abroad" tribute. Unlikely, because no-one has such a shoe size

Steve, post your memories! And we bloody were at Maximo, I can't remember if you went for it though. Oh, where was your Exodus speaker-jumping prowess back then?

As for Laxton's Superb and the checkered vans, he's given in to lust, gave up to lust. Shame!