aberdeen-music

Stayover accoustic song

The Milner

Guest DustyDeviada
ooooooooooh i wish you didn't sing like americans

Ah, who cares, almost everybody sings with an accent, exceptions being The Proclaimers and Juliet Turner.

Van Morrison is one of the greatest ever singers, but think how crap he would sound if he used a Belfast accent.

I think its gash, the vocals are stiff, robotic almost, and yes, that awful pretend-accent. I'd suggest that just because you've been in bands for years etc doesn't for a second mean you know what you're doing. Your 'reputation' in Aberdeen is probably the only thing deluding people into not actually saying that this is cringy and embarrassing to listen to.

I don't know what you want to achieve, but vocals as poor as that will get ya nowhere.

Ah' date=' who cares, almost everybody sings with an accent, exceptions being The Proclaimers and Juliet Turner.

Van Morrison is one of the greatest ever singers, but think how crap he would sound if he used a Belfast accent.[/quote']

Actually The Proclaimers are worse for deliberately going OTT with the whole Scottish accent....just sounds pathetic to me :D

I think its gash' date=' the vocals are stiff, robotic almost, and yes, that awful pretend-accent. I'd suggest that just because you've been in bands for years etc doesn't for a second mean you know what you're doing. Your 'reputation' in Aberdeen is probably the only thing deluding people into not actually saying that this is cringy and embarrassing to listen to.

I don't know what you want to achieve, but vocals as poor as that will get ya nowhere.[/quote']

why dont you post some of your stuff? You seem great at laying into everyone else who posts songs on here, why not give us a chance to poke holes in your music which must, by your godlike opinions on other peoples work, be fucking amazing.

why dont you post some of your stuff? You seem great at laying into everyone else who posts songs on here' date=' why not give us a chance to poke holes in your music which must, by your godlike opinions on other peoples work, be fucking amazing.[/quote']

You've no highground here whatsoever, why should I be scorned for having a certain opinion? Its all I can offer after all and we all know censoring my (or anyones) opinion is truly a matter of the highest evil and stifling of society. I wouldn't want a selfish pig like you, completely unable to think objectively, listening to my music and trying to 'poke holes' in it.

I have actually posted quite a lot of music on this forum.

You've no highground here whatsoever' date=' why should I be scorned for having a certain opinion? Its all I can offer after all and we all know censoring my (or anyones) opinion is truly a matter of the highest evil and stifling of society. I wouldn't want a selfish pig like you, completely unable to think objectively, listening to my music and trying to 'poke holes' in it.

I have actually posted quite a lot of music on this forum.[/quote']

i remember apraxia.....they looked like Hanson :D

Thats the way. 8)

Music is a personal thing. I personally like the new song and frankly feel that the lyrics, and the sound tie in well and really hit at something deep. I don't think its Americanized (trust me I think I would know that:gringo: )

I've heard a lot of music, and each to their own.

It would be great if people learned constructive critique, but hey thats the sign of the times.

:up: to be honest the general consensus elsewhere on this song is that its gonna be a hit.

but that's my honest opinion

xxxx

its cool' date=' it was never going to be everyones cup of tea now was it?

Theres no point in arguing over it tho, i like it, dan likes it and bob likes it and so do other people so that works for me :)[/quote']

even if it is, so what.

We listen to a lot of american music its obvious that we would have an american influence in our songs.

Personally i have never really heard the american accent, but it may be there it may not, again what does it really matter?

Ive listened more to this song and i love it, im really happy to have it as a stayover song and i think dan has done really well getting such a decent recording using a cheap mic and an 8 track.

You've no highground here whatsoever' date=' why should I be scorned for having a certain opinion? Its all I can offer after all and we all know censoring my (or anyones) opinion is truly a matter of the highest evil and stifling of society. I wouldn't want a selfish pig like you, completely unable to think objectively, listening to my music and trying to 'poke holes' in it.

I have actually posted quite a lot of music on this forum.[/quote']

Wow..Your like. Smart.

:up:

Hey Dan' date=' how ya doing man? Havent seen you on Ab-music before:up:[/quote']

And you probably wont really, see me on here that is. I like to stay away. Only made like 2 or 3 posts before. Hello all the same though to you Hog. U sexy sexy man :love: I would love to hear your view on the song. hehe. I know it has EEEVERYTHING you'd look for in a song.

..loving your signature by the way man.

why is being "inoffensive" a bad thing?

I'd suggest you should think beyond the word!! *gasps of awe*

Connotations of 'inoffensive' in musical context - un-trying, un-original, potentially boring (leaving room for a 'good tune'; which this isn't), I could go on..