aberdeen-music

Missed aberdeen bands

Guest MDP

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seeing psycho last night has confirmed in my memory that they rape harder than john leslie

I only caught the tail end of their set on Friday due to the disgusting weather, and subsequently useless bus service, but it was a total reminder of how spot on a band they are/were, so I'd certainly like to see them reform.:up:

fuckuing cunts' date=' I recognised Mark and new it was Bloodshot. We saw their tape on sale in poland when on tour.

And who mentioned Urine?? The guyys from St Machar? with Vomitin Steven and the likes?? My brother was "in" them......[/quote']

I mentioned Urine - and I was the drummer haha! :up:

And would that be Steven Cowan ?

Anyone remember Turquasi?? Think they only did about one or two gigs' date=' and they had Claire de Barros in them i seem to remember.

They were ace, reminded me of Picastro. Great name too, many a time we have considered using Turquasi as the name for a song or an EP, we may yet do.[/quote']

Turquasi! Fook me, forgot about them! That was me old de Barros cohort Claire on the cello, with one of her music school buddies (emily? Can't be sure) fronting them. They were awesome.

Claire has now graduated from Music Scholl in London and is a sessioner, composer, all-round musical wunderkid! She taught herself to play the violin in a month because she 'was a bit bored' being back home.

The Turquasi name came about because she had been listening to a lot of Quasi that week. Simple as that.

love from christy

Turquasi! Fook me' date=' forgot about them! That was me old de Barros cohort Claire on the cello, with one of her music school buddies (emily? Can't be sure) fronting them. They were awesome.

Claire has now graduated from Music Scholl in London and is a sessioner, composer, all-round musical wunderkid! She taught herself to play the violin in a month because she 'was a bit bored' being back home.

The Turquasi name came about because she had been listening to a lot of Quasi that week. Simple as that.

love from christy[/quote']

they were great. i remember drunkenly babbling at claire afterwards about how amazing they were.

Thee Excerpts(or something like that).

Very sexy front singer called Sue, and Andy Bass played guitar.

Atom Flask... Just ace!

Joining Staccato Set was obviously kinda surreal for me.

Thee Excerpts(or something like that).

Very sexy front singer called Sue' date=' and Andy Bass played guitar.[/quote']

they were ace! and responsible for my favourite song on lithium vol 2 if I recall correctly. Only saw them once though, in the wodka bar I think.

Hedgehog Pie (Grandparents go on about them ALL the time)

Magdeline Cox

Psycho A G-Go

Asian Morrisette

Hedgehog Pie! 'Sleazy' Bob Knight's padre is a member of the Pie. I was out havin dinner with fambly Knight last week, discussing their mammoth 4-track Eagles tribute. I reasoned that The Eagles were shit, but he was having none of it. Their last gig was in November, so they're only a little extinct.

Top fambly, them Knights

love from christy

PS I miss the Magdalene Cox too

nah' date=' it was "Vince McNeil" otherwise known as Alan Robertson, otherwise known as brillo.[/quote']

Holy shit! didn't even know he had a brother! What's he up to these days anyway? I remember many drunken nights at his house while his uncle and auntie (i think) were away!

Do you know how he got the name "Vince McNeil"?

Holy shit! didn't even know he had a brother! What's he up to these days anyway? I remember many drunken nights at his house while his uncle and auntie (i think) were away!

Do you know how he got the name "Vince McNeil"?

cos he looks like a member of Motley Crue???

Alan, hes in the navy so is away most of the time, and when he is in Aberdeen he stays with his bird, who speaks alot. I hardly ever see him.

Aye, he has 2 brothers, but we lived in Abu Dhabi at the time. We now live together in Aberdeen though, in The Butchers Of Bakersfield, Filthpact, Karloff, Bonesaw etc.