aberdeen-music

Aberdeen play: Cast announced!

Marillionboy

For those of you who are interested in my stage play set in Aberdeen which opens on 5th April at the Royal Court Theatre in London

http://www.royalcourttheatre.com/whatson01.asp?play=420

The cast has now been finalised. It is...

JOE MCFADDEN

DAWN STEELE

CLIVE RUSSELL

The director is RICHARD WILSON.

Anyone still interesting in coming along to see it, do hope you enjoy it!

Best

Simon xx

Far's John Power?

Last I heard he had a sandstorm blowing through his head.

".....a world where work is meaningless and emasculating' date=' where drink an drugs are the only painkillers, and where cheap sex can cost you everything."

<spit>[/quote']

I thought that was a bit shite as well. The way it's written as if all of Aberdeen's like that! I've got aspirin here and if the cheap sex here can cost everything then most of the stingy bastards living here are going to be masturbating like crazy. Work is meaningless and emasculating in Aberdeen? Whit?

Failing that they could've seen Bobby. Aberdeen's sky got just a little greyer the other day.

That sentence is referring to one man's life in his home town: his predicament and work is emasculating and so on. It's not meant to be a blanket statement.

RM,it's a perfectly valid question, and I hope to God it does run in Aberdeen at some point. But getting new work commissioned there is nigh on impossible.

I thought so but it's not very clear immediately.

I guess it's just that thing you can imagine of a posh Londoner sitting in a theatre going "Oh how terribly drab their lives are up there with nothing but piratey bars full of booze, one-legged hookers and a local music scene that can't agree with one another" ;)

Guest Laura@TMB

Sorry, I missed this thread earlier, but well done indeed :up:

"In his Aberdeen flat, a young man stakes everything on a one-night stand. But does she give a fuck?

RAINBOW KISS is a play about life in the Granite City, a world where work is meaningless and emasculating, where drink an drugs are the only painkillers, and where cheap sex can cost you everything."

... hhhmmm, sounds like an average day in the life of Pete, aka Fudge Barman 2006 winner (but don't tell him I said that :angel: )

"and where cheap sex can cost you everything."

... hhhmmm' date=' sounds like an average day in the life of Pete, aka Fudge Barman 2006 winner[/quote']

No - you must consider that Pete has nothing to lose. I fear there's no stopping him. And he rarely has any recall of getting laid, or who did it. Come to think of it, the knowledge that such a scenario was feasible, might have been more useful to Marillionboy several months ago... sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a couple of updates on this folks. Firstly the sound engineer on the show is in Aberdeen today floating about the bars etc getting some vox pops from folk for a kind of "Dark Side of the Moon" style soundscape of music and voices to link scenes. If you spot him in the Moorings or somewhere do go speak!

Also the book of the script is out at the end of the week, from the usual places but this is a link to the publisher:

http://www.oberonbooks.com/frameset.htm

Click on "forthcoming" for details.

Cheers all

Simon

x