aberdeen-music

Culturedeluxe review of Lunar

Rasputin

What? Set up? Are you having a laugh. Set up by who' date=' with who?

My bullshit detector is off the scale.[/quote']

I am simply repeating what i was told. The guys at the studio where Lunar recorded told them that. They said that levine was given a really hard time about it.

As I say just repeating back what I heard.

Yup Fair Enough.

One thing I have noticed is that this place is well cliqued up.

Its not that its cliqued up as such, it just seems that if you post something up about lunar and people rip into it, just leave them be, dont keep defending them (lunar), people can have their opinion as much as you can, but people spot you getting riled up and they will keep attacking you, its the same on every web-site in the world.

What did you not like about Kordoba?

Needless to say I won't cry at any criticisms.

AKM

i just didnt think you were that good a band im afraid to say, the songs wernt there neither was the ability to perform the songs.

dont mean to sound like a complete cunt its just what i thought after the gig.

dont mean to sound like a complete cunt its just what i thought after the gig.

You're entitled to your opinions, and I won't offer excuses (we weren't on form that night)...suffice to say that when you get two hours to soundcheck, and one band (nameless, of course) uses up an hour and a half of that time with interminable fannying about, leaving our band with nothing more than a 5 minute line-check before we start...it doesn't make for the best performance!

I'm expecting we'll sound better in Drummonds on Monday.

AKM

Its not that its cliqued up as such' date=' it just seems that if you post something up about lunar and people rip into it, just leave them be, dont keep defending them (lunar), people can have their opinion as much as you can, but people spot you getting riled up and they will keep attacking you, its the same on every web-site in the world.[/quote']

There's absolutely no point in defending yourself on websites, after all, why do you have to defend yourself anyway? You don't have to justify your band to anyone on here - they might seek blood and try and get you to fall for it, but seriously, it's not worth it. Think about what you could be doing to promote your band instead of spending time on here defending it.

Of course, in a perfect world, you would be able to post what you like without getting attacked for it, but sadly things just don't work that way :(

Wise up.

I am not the only person on this forum who puts things up about a local band. I am not looking for praise...or any crap like that. This was put up for anyone who was interested..

I don't see much interest. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for praise.

And exactly right' date=' you aren't the only person that puts stuff up about a local band, so how about contributing to discussion about [b']other bands once in a fucking while instead of every post being about your brother's band or whatever they are.

You're entitled to your opinions' date=' and I won't offer excuses (we weren't on form that night)...suffice to say that when you get two hours to soundcheck, and one band (nameless, of course) uses up an hour and a half of that time with interminable fannying about, leaving our band with nothing more than a 5 minute line-check before we start...it doesn't make for the best performance!

AKM[/quote']

You mean the Headliners?

I am simply repeating what i was told. The guys at the studio where Lunar recorded told them that. They said that levine was given a really hard time about it.

As I say just repeating back what I heard.

Ah, hearsay.

Jut ask yourself this, if it was meant to be a set up, who set it up. The Little Kicks certainly don't have the contacts to set up a scam like that, so who did? Why would anyone do it anyway? What's in it for anyone (except the Little Kicks, who, as I've just pointed out, couldn't have set it up).

Also, was it not a panel of judges, so if Steve Levine was the only one to break from the plan, the little kicks should have came second, but they didn't, Stanley did.

Its not that its cliqued up as such' date=' it just seems that if you post something up about lunar and people rip into it, just leave them be, dont keep defending them (lunar), people can have their opinion as much as you can, but people spot you getting riled up and they will keep attacking you, its the same on every web-site in the world.[/quote']

to be fair to rasputin, people are unreasonably harsh on the guy. he's just trying to promote his brothers band and he takes most comments on the chin. the problem is not that rasputin can't take it but that some people on this board seem determined to just wind him up whenever he posts. rasputin is as much entitled to post here as anyone else.

Ah' date=' hearsay.

Jut ask yourself this, if it was meant to be a set up, who set it up. The Little Kicks certainly don't have the contacts to set up a scam like that, so who did? Why would anyone do it anyway? What's in it for anyone (except the Little Kicks, who, as I've just pointed out, couldn't have set it up).

Also, was it not a panel of judges, so if Steve Levine was the only one to break from the plan, the little kicks should have came second, but they didn't, Stanley did.[/quote']

Yeah fair enough. Sorry i certainly dident mean to imply that the Littlekicks were dodgy or anything. You know what these competitions are like there is always some rumour going around about it.

I don't see much interest. Perhaps you should look elsewhere for praise.

And exactly right' date=' you aren't the only person that puts stuff up about a local band, so how about contributing to discussion about [b']other bands once in a fucking while instead of every post being about your brother's band or whatever they are.

Ah Ha

Well i think you will find that i have posted about other topics before. And I read most threads on here also, so get off your high horse.

Reading is not a contribution to discussion ;)

Just try to write a Lunar-free post once in a while yeah? :)

Ok I take your point:up: But I have contributed to other posts before...honest. Can you understand why I feel kind of fustrated when this kind of thing happens? I mean i am not doing anything wrong/ I am not being a dick, I hope. I am just trying to get some interest in them, to get ppl to come along and see a band they have never heard off.

Anyway...sorry for telling you to wise the fuck up, was a bit uncalled for.

You're entitled to your opinions' date=' and I won't offer excuses (we weren't on form that night)...suffice to say that when you get two hours to soundcheck, and one band (nameless, of course) uses up an hour and a half of that time with interminable fannying about, leaving our band with nothing more than a 5 minute line-check before we start...it doesn't make for the best performance!

AKM[/quote']

so you are blaming your poor performance on the fact you didnt get a long sound check?

If so you really need to take a good look at your band and what you are doing, a sound check should have no real influence on how you play, just pray you dont ever get a set in the moorings you will collapse.

Anyway my point was nothing to do with the sound, sound checks cannot hide the fact that you guys were not very good at all.

Again i realise this sounds harsh but using no sound check as any kind of excuse is really bad. I think out of my last 15 gigs with stayover we have maybe had 2 sound checks, with my cover band, we have giged for 5 years and sat was our first ever sound check. you dont need them to perform well.

so you are blaming your poor performance on the fact you didnt get a long sound check?

Not at all. It certainly doesn't help though. We didn't get ANY sound check, which is a bit of a pain with five guys, three vocal mics, keyboard, two guitars, etc.

If so you really need to take a good look at your band and what you are doing, a sound check should have no real influence on how you play, just pray you dont ever get a set in the moorings you will collapse

We've played the Moorings and we enjoyed it. Because all the levels seemed just about right from the start.

Anyway my point was nothing to do with the sound, sound checks cannot hide the fact that you guys were not very good at all

Noted. Again, it wasn't an excuse - it's not like we're incredible when we DO get a soundcheck...just illustrating that it wasn't really our night.

I think out of my last 15 gigs with stayover we have maybe had 2 sound checks, with my cover band, we have giged for 5 years and sat was our first ever sound check. you dont need them to perform well.

I've never heard Stayover so I couldn't comment. Maybe we're just still at the nursery stage re. soundchecking.

AKM

Not at all. It certainly doesn't help though. We didn't get ANY sound check' date=' which is a bit of a pain with five guys, three vocal mics, keyboard, two guitars, etc.

We've played the Moorings and we enjoyed it. Because all the levels seemed just about right from the start.

Noted. Again, it wasn't an excuse - it's not like we're incredible when we DO get a soundcheck...just illustrating that it wasn't really our night.

I've never heard Stayover so I couldn't comment. Maybe we're just still at the nursery stage re. soundchecking.

AKM[/quote']

all very fair points.

Again sorry if it seems like im trying to come from some high ground or anything, just fed up of bands who use sound checks or lack of as an excuse (and im not saying thats what you have done, your points above have clearly shown this)

glad to see this thread has calmed down a bit.

Feel free to post opinions on Lunar in response to Rasputin's threads, however in this thread and others there have been some unmerited abuse pointed his way just for trying to promote a band. It is not against the rules to post reviews or news about local bands, in fact it's encouraged. But having a go at someone for doing so just because he likes a band, or is involved with a band, you don't like or you find his posts annoying is against the rules and further posts along those lines may be removed.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...