aberdeen-music

Culturedeluxe review of Lunar

Rasputin

Sure there were negative points...mainly about the singer climbing on top of things as usual, and a comment about one of the covers, but positive comments there also, well thats my reading it certainly doesnt say they are terrible/awful .

e.g.

"'California Sun', a track from their first EP, sounds more polished, perhaps due to their recent work with Steve Levine as a result of winning Radio 2's 'Demo to Limo' competition, and comes across like a less boring Feeder while showing off bassist Steve Tosh's excellent backing vocals."

Fair enough the guy who wrote this doesnt like emo...even though persoanlly I dont even think they are emo esk..but hey...what do i know.

"Since it's valentine's day we're going to play a love song. Here's one we stole off a little bald lady from Ireland" announces singer Neil Glover before the band tear into a breakneck-speed version of 'Nothing Compares 2 U"

That is pretty hilarious. Rasputin was asking why I don't like them and I think the above qoute accurately answers that question!

...For the finale Neil Glover again leaves the stage, this time to climb a barrier half way through the song to deliver a chorus from on high. These antics should be the stock of German Eurovision hopefuls and rank bands from Wigan...

When Port of Saints played on the same bill as Lunar, I missed Mr. Neil Glover climbing all over the place as I was taking gear home, so I'm not sure how "German Eurovison hopefulesque" is was... That would have been a great show for Scenester1 to see, Port of Saints and Lunar! ;)

Lol well thanks for all of those comments. Doesnt really bother me, I knew there were negative things to be said, but thought I would still put the review up for you all to see it. Incidentally after Neil read this review I think he ahs finally decided he is going to tone it down with the jumping around thing.

As I said before I think he points out some positive things and some negative things. I know the band spoke to the guy that wrote the article, and that was the impression they got as well. We will just have to wait and see what happens along other lines.

Persoanally I dont think the gig reviewed was the best one they have ever done ..I said in a previous msg that i thought the sound was crap, far too loud. I am sure people will make up there own opinon about Lunar either way, like or dislike. As I said just put the review up for those interested.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm pretty new to reviews. I've always had an opinion, but getting it across in words can be a bit difficult.

For the record I really quite liked about 50% of Lunar's set, but hated the other 50%.

Hope Neil doesn't tone it down too much though!

Lunar are awesome!

Well that's what you wanted to hear' date=' right?

Now please fuck off with the Lunar groupie thing:)[/quote']

Wise up.

I am not the only person on this forum who puts things up about a local band. I am not looking for praise...or any crap like that. This was put up for anyone who was interested. If your not interested dont look at it.. simple! I think there is a big problem in Aberdeen in being part of the in crowd. Let me tell you a wee story to do with this demo to limo thing.

It was mean to have been a set up. The little kicks were meant to win it but Steve Levine decided to pick the song he thought had potential despite coming under pressure from "Local" music activists. Lunar were unknown and still are pretty much unknown. I believe Stanley came second in that competition. Now there are hundreds of ppl who use this forum, not just the ppl who usually reply on this board. The stuff I post is for the general population of this board to see. How else do you suggest a band promotes itself..huh? I am getting sick fed up with the snidey comments which are made on a regular basis on here. If you dont like Lunar or any band then fine.... Dont read any of the posts put up with them in the title. I dont have aproblem with ppl not liking something but saying stupid things like..."stop the groupie thing"

Once again....Wise the fuck up.