aberdeen-music

65days gig tonight

stuartmaxwell

its not rivalry

we all work together (or we should be)

I'm with you on this sentiment, but best not hijack this thread (even though you started it LOL). Start a new thread in an appropriate forum, relating to co-operation and I'll chip in.

Won't / can't comment here because I wasn't at the gig.

Lets face it' date=' a little healthy rivalry is always good for the punters...[/quote']

This has certainly been true these past 4 years. The standard of all our venues has been raised. If you don't believe me then just think back to what was on offer 5 years ago!

But when rivalry escalates into a competition, there are casualties, and that ultimately serves to clear the decks for BIG corporate. So let's not go there...

you do your job and we will do ours yeah?

And what is that supposed to mean?

I'm not into music promotion so I don't really know what your 'job' is?

Or are you too 'underground' and diy to have one?

I just know that everyone is very quick to jump on the back of Jamesy and the guys at Moshulu for some reason.

Maybe it's because they aren't 'passionate' about music like you guys?

:up:

Or are you too 'underground' and diy to have one?

ive got two jobs. and none of them are putting on shows. i dont make money from putting on shows. i do it because i want to see these bands in aberdeen.

i aint diy' date=' we do some diy shows, but are not diy. go read more on the diy sites/forums to see what diy is.

I just know that everyone is very quick to jump on the back of Jamesy and the guys at Moshulu for some reason.

Maybe it's because they aren't 'passionate' about music like you guys?

:up:

i havent jumped on jamesy or moshulus (i fucking work there!) back. i get along well with the guy and he is doing a good job. jamesy is not paid to give a monkeys what elitist, snobby musos/fellow promoters have to say, he is paid to book gigs (and all of the shit that goes along with that) and get paying customers along to his gigs and get them coming back. we had a good chat and drink about it last night, and i dont see any problems there

i dont think i really need to explain myself to you as i dont even know you and what i said has got fuck all to do with you

im a music snob, and i bet chilli is too. whats your point? does that make us lepers? hardly!

As has been already pointed out, this gig was listed on www.gcguide.co.uk since at least December 9th and also the guides myspace page for the seven days running up to the gig.

It's also here.

And here

And it was here.

I'm pretty sure it was here as well.

It was also in the printed guide.

Just goes to show, no matter how much you promote a gig, people still miss it.

You know where it wasn't advertised' date=' though?

aberdeen-music.com.

No sign of it, or indeed any gigs at Moshulu in the past few months. Yes, there are threads discussing the gigs, but no-one added it to the calendar. I've noticed this happens with a lot of Moshulu gigs, unless one of the local bands playing a support slot decides to add it. Maybe this is why there are people on this site complaining that they didn't know about it.

[/quote']

The other sites are only a click away with bookmarks/favourites. You can get an RSS feed fom the gcguide as well, just for those last minute reminders.

ive got two jobs. and none of them are putting on shows. i dont make money from putting on shows. i do it because i want to see these bands in aberdeen.

i aint diy' date=' we do some diy shows, but are not diy. go read more on the diy sites/forums to see what diy is.

i havent jumped on jamesy or moshulus (i fucking work there!) back. i get along well with the guy and he is doing a good job. jamesy is not paid to give a monkeys what elitist, snobby musos/fellow promoters have to say, he is paid to book gigs (and all of the shit that goes along with that) and get paying customers along to his gigs and get them coming back. we had a good chat and drink about it last night, and i dont see any problems there

i dont think i really need to explain myself to you as i dont even know you and what i said has got fuck all to do with you

im a music snob, and i bet chilli is too. whats your point? does that make us lepers? hardly![/quote']

Good for you. You are a saint. I have no concern reading about diy gigs... as it bores me, as do music snobs :D But hey, we aint all the same, as long as you are happy then what does it matter? :)

For your information, I also work for Moshulu quite a lot so it probably does concern me with all this slagging off etc etc. And it also pisses Jamesy off.

I was out with Jamesy on Wednesday night for a while at the Tunnels, so actually saw you and know full well who you are and all about your repuatation :D

I'm not gonna go telling you to fuck off and mind your own business though, as i'm sweet like that ;)

Anyway, I have to go play in the snow.....

As has been already pointed out' date=' this gig was listed on www.gcguide.co.uk since at least December 9th and also the guides myspace page for the seven days running up to the gig.

It's also here.

And here

And it was here.

I'm pretty sure it was here as well.

It was also in the printed guide.

Just goes to show, no matter how much you promote a gig, people still miss it.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but was the gig only promoted as part of a larger thread here....

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32515

Was there a seperate Gig Announcement thread for this? I think a lot of these gigs are just lost in a bigger thread to be honest.

Every single gig that I book appears on here as part of the RFR list' date=' must I spoon feed the population by creating single threads for every show. I'd probably get banned for flooding the forums then.

[/quote']

I'm not getting at you - I'm just pointing out that maybe the population DOES need to be spoonfed.

The RFR list has dropped down a few pages so a lot of the gigs on there are getting lost - considering the amount of pish that's posted on here I hardly think that starting a new thread in relation to each gig would constitute flooding the forums.

Personally, I think you should spend a few quid getting your own forum space & then flooding it all you want - over promotion on here is better than under promotion.

get your own forum on here then. works for fudge.

Fudge don't have to worry about their reputation though.

Of course, it might work if it's exclusively for RFR gigs and not for discussion about Moshulu/The Bassment, but that would seem to be self defeating too really.

Guest bluesxman
Every single gig that I book appears on here as part of the RFR list' date=' must I spoon feed the population by creating single threads for every show. I'd probably get banned for flooding the forums then.

:)[/quote']

The Tunnels seem to post the complete list for the week then the individual gigs later, much more in your face as to what is happening for lazy people like me who only want to consult one forum or web page. This isn't a dig by the way, I can adapt when needs be....