aberdeen-music

65days gig tonight

stuartmaxwell

couldtn find a previous thread abotu it so ill start one

mirimar disaster were fuckign incredible, best sound i have ever heard in moshulu, proves it was possible. very isis at times (more exciting) other times brutal metal riffs they way they should be. fucking a

chris clark was superb, wrong venue for him tbh. his set was awesome, the vsuals again ,awesome! begun with some ambient electrronica and worked up to a superb drum n bass, jungle finale of three songs. superb!

65days were dogged by awful sound again, just liek last time. towards the end of the set we got the volume and intensity required.

i hate to be shitting on another promoter who i respect, but this was CRIMINALLY under-advertised, nobody knew anything about it, and there are a fair few fans in aberdeen and surrounding areas (considering that 65days have played here four times now) the choice of venue was terrible, i know that the tunnels had another gig (which prob made mor emoney for rfr than this) but the venue does not suit this band or the supports. i am a firm beliver of right venue for the right bands, it didnt seem liek any thought was put in here!

i think rfr are doing a great job, but surely this should have had more planni0ng and effort put into it

yeah enjoyed the music tonight...chris clark was total highlight for me though this time round (although i LOVE 65days whatever..) his sounds were immense, my Technics 1210's will be banging out the brutal d n b sounds tomorrow for sure, total inspiration!! he needs to come back sometime soon...

i agree with the comment about choice of venue etc...smaller, and more intense, is whats needed for these kind of acts...but who's to say that a venue like moshulu couldnt be packed out for these bands?? (i know what its like though, dont get me wrong...)

roll on april www.rhaaalovely.net :D

shaz xx

the audience were very quiet................

as maxi said the performance lacked the intensity of their Shift & Tunnels performances

down to artist not right for venue.

I had & have severe doubts about Moshulu being able to represent & bring out the best

in bands....

never mind triptych line-up out WOW

For all those who didn't know this gig was on' date=' I'm curious to know how you do find out about what's happening. Where would you have looked to hear about 65 Days Of Static?[/quote']

well i'm on here everyday and i walk through town everyday. i didn't see any posters round town or anything about it on here. maybe there was and i just wasn't paying attention. doesn't mean i'd have went even if i'd known about it mind.

I think Drummonds has really improved as a venue, and would've been ideal for 65 Days of Static. Their improved sound really suits "epic" post rock; Explosions in the sky's sound was incredible there.

Macrocosmica also had brilliant sound, and from all accounts Small Enclosed had a pretty huge sound that night too, which kept us v.happy

i didn't know this was show was on until about 8pm last night and had to give it a miss - which is a shame as i would of been interested to see them.

Posters for mushulu gigs only ever seem to be in moshulu, and i havn't been in for a while, so i am guessing this is why this gig passed me by. dammit.

Mirimar Disaster were surprisingly awesome - Cult of Luna meeting Devil Sold His Soul and Unearth in a boxing ring. Great sound and tight as hell.

65 Days were phenomenal, I genuinely had hairs standing on the back of my neck last night. The passion that courses through their music was totally on dislay last night; surprised noone has mentioned their drummer yet - holy shit the boy does not stop! Crazy beats and crazier facial expressions. I think I might go as far as to say that was one of my favourite gigs in Aberdeen. Wowsers!

Guest bluesxman

As i'm not often in the centre of Aberdeen I usually keep tabs on the Gigs page on here and don't recall seeing anything in the days leading up to the gig. I have a vague recollection of the gig being mentioned eons ago but my memory isn't that good to remember everything. You would think promoters would keep things up to date on here, seems a strong way to draw peoples attention to their gigs.

I didn't go because the sound was pish for them last time in moshulu and I didn't want to be disappointed again.

Only reason I knew it was last night though was because I specifically thought "aren't 65 days playing soon?" and checked in the thread listing all RFR gigs.