aberdeen-music

noisy electronica

harrowbrian

Apathy-- I posted last week up on myspace but no one really seemed to pick up the vibe there either.. <ahem>

I would say you have some interesting sounds here, but nothing really sustained.. Im not sure where you are wanting to take this - i.e I wouldn't try and be as obscure as possible and then claim to be misunderstood if things don't work out.

You ever listen to the boards of Canada? they do very short tracks of ambience and short loops of melody.. What you have here could represent a more industrial version of something comparable.

Obviously this all depends on if you ever see yourself gigging this type of thing, how are you going to sustain a set or control it? in fact it could be very effective if you had a series of harmonic layers of noise that generate a kind of structure or suggested melody and then controlled parts of envelopes or effects to create expression. In such a setup though i would suggest the extensive use of visuals/backdrops to entertain and stimulate the audiences minds and get them to zone in....

Trippy...

P

PS THURSAZ - I know thats YOU Dave get over to my site and leave a comment!

I'm liking Fukame' date=' although when it started I was expecting it to be a bit noizier. Both songs could be a bit more daring and loooonger. Got any more stuff?

I'm very much in to powernoise/electronics. In fact a friend and I had an extreme noise/DHR night going at MOSHULU (shocking but true) a few years ago.

I'm a big fan of artists Haus Arafna, Converter, Black Lung, Asche, Merzbow, anything on Ant-Zen, Hands etc etc... I'm hoping you've heard of them if you're making music like this.

Guest Phantomsmasher
I'm very much in to powernoise/electronics. In fact a friend and I had an extreme noise/DHR night going at MOSHULU (shocking but true) a few years ago.

Feckin' hell' date=' that would have been an interesting night if nothing...

Aye Asahara is another local attempt at the whole noise genre. This is shameless self promotion, but meh.