aberdeen-music

The Official T in the park 2006 thread

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

That line up is awful!

The Radio 1/NME stage just reeks of, well, bands that NME like to kiss arses with, mainly the main suspects of the regurgitated indie shite-trend that is going on nowadays like the Kooks and the Editors. :sleeping: Oh well, as long as it makes money for the festival organisers, eh?

The only two acts I would consider going to see would be the Who and Paul Weller, for the chance of hearing a Jam or Style Council song.

Every year I see the T in the Park line-up I become more and more glad that I haven't bought a ticket for it. The ATP line up is WAY better than this pile of shite.

nah i disagree, coheed and cambria are at T this year for me that will make going worth while. imnot into most of the stuff but T is always worth going to.

i know what ur saying about the line up but lets face it thats what is popular just now and a lot of people are into stuff like that.

how many folk will look at the ATP festival line up and think that its shite?

see where im coming from? you can't please everybody its impossible.

why not try being a bit more tolerant then it wouldn't bother you so much :)

nah i disagree' date=' coheed and cambria are at T this year for me that will make going worth while. imnot into most of the stuff but T is always worth going to.

i know what ur saying about the line up but lets face it thats what is popular just now and a lot of people are into stuff like that.

how many folk will look at the ATP festival line up and think that its shite?

see where im coming from? you can't please everybody its impossible.

why not try being a bit more tolerant then it wouldn't bother you so much :)[/quote']

Yeah I completely understand why the line up is the way it is now. But alas, it is blatantly obvious that the only reason such bands are booked is because a lot of folk will go to a festival to see them after hearing one song, and once they are gone from the NME/charts/whatever, a lot of the folk that went to T in the Park will just move onto the next popular thing that is present at the next festival. I bet about 10% of actual Titp goers are going for the music they love, and the other 90% are misguided fucks who are force-fed their musical tastes.

I would love to go to a festival where it is very mutualistic about the music in it's entirety, and bands that actually mean something and have been around for a good while (and perhaps very influencial) are playing. Not just some bands with debut albums beefed by NME playing the main fucking stage.

Yeah I completely understand why the line up is the way it is now. But alas' date=' it is blatantly obvious that the only reason such bands are booked is because a lot of folk will go to a festival to see them after hearing one song, and once they are gone from the NME/charts/whatever, a lot of the folk that went to T in the Park will just move onto the next popular thing that is present at the next festival. I bet about 10% of actual Titp goers are going for the music they love, and the other 90% are misguided fucks who are force-fed their musical tastes.

[/quote']

maybe you are right.

i know the reason i go is because most of my mates go, its a good weekend where everyones just having a banter, and if theres a few decent band on that i like then thats a bonus. its not just about the music though.

• 1 month later...
I would love to go to a festival where it is very mutualistic about the music in it's entirety' date=' and [b']bands that actually mean something and have been around for a good while (and perhaps very influential) are playing. Not just some bands with debut albums beefed by NME playing the main fucking stage.

Bands that actually mean something....hmmm. Could you actually give an example of a band that mean something and played at ATP, and a band who are playing at TITP and don't "mean something", just for illustration's sake. And i don't think the length of time a band has been around has any relevance.

i cant wait, actually cant wait, the line ups far from great but i love the camping bit, theres a bus load of around 60 of us going down, its gonna be ace. Im sure theres a few bands on their that u like and if u dont like the campsite theres something seriously wrong with you. Wish people would stop complaining, theres people willing to pay a crazy amount of money to go so count yourself lucky

I'm finding the number of bands i'm actually interested in seeing is not making me feel like spending 3 nights camping surrounded by idiots.

I'd say there are only two bands I really wanna see, but there are plenty of others i'd be happy enough to watch. And i'll be immediately surrounded by my friends, only some of whom are idiots.

Guest bluesxman

Weekend camping tickets for sale!

If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested, I have decided to sell my tckets, selling as a pair only, cash sale only. PM if interested. 110 each (cost price plus recouping some costs).

Guest bluesxman
If anyone is interested or knows anyone interested' date=' I have decided to sell my tickets, selling as a pair only, cash sale only. PM if interested. 110 each (cost price plus recouping some costs).[/quote']

Tickets now sold.

Does anyone know what the scoop is with tickets bought on e-bay being rejected at the gate? I got mine on ebay, and i've just heard on the radio that they ain't letting folk in, something about logging the ticket numbers that went through ebay. Don't know how they intend to police that, just wondered if anyone had any idea exactly what they're trying to do about it, and how i get round it. Will not be impressed if i get turned away!

Cheers.

Does anyone know what the scoop is with tickets bought on e-bay being rejected at the gate? I got mine on ebay' date=' and i've just heard on the radio that they ain't letting folk in, something about logging the ticket numbers that went through ebay. Don't know how they intend to police that, just wondered if anyone had any idea exactly what they're trying to do about it, and how i get round it. Will not be impressed if i get turned away!

Cheers.[/quote']

you'll be alrite, the tickets numbers are not put on ebay so they wouldnt know

Guest bluesxman

According to an article in the paper, any pictures on e-bay showing the tickets and where ticket number was visible with an excessive amount being charged for the ticket, the ticket was going to be cancelled with the seller being refunded the face value. So any sold shouldn't be an issue unless of course someone bought one previously cancelled on e-bay and subsequently sold off-line. Double jeopardy!

I just sold mine to a work mate, he and his missus have never been so are all excited and he isn't a music buff so line up won't be much odds to him. I am using cash for a weekend away instead. I think I had about 8 bands I was really interested in seeing over the 2 days which didn't seem a good investment of 200 quid.

Guest bluesxman

I notice Colonopenbracket are listed on the T Break stage on Saturday, don't recall them being mentioned in connection with T Break, did they go some other route to get on the bill?