aberdeen-music

OFFICIAL FUDGE MUSIC AWARDS thread - the party of the year!

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We realised Bob had left so I thought I would make a speech on their part as they are my homies.... LOL.

The chicken pellets got everywhere, funny as fuck though.

I dropped the vase and then put it down and it completely broke... Ithink that's what happened, I have a small piece in my bag.

GUTTED I didn't get to see what I thought should have been the best band, MY Minds Weapon, would have loved to see the boys in action again. shame.

Exodus=shit. That bouncer was so unresonable, he didn't even think of any comebacks.

Legendary night!

Holy fuck, what an ace night. Can't believe we legibily won best punk. Would have given a longer speech, but just wanted to walk around with my hand in a vase all night. Top banter, can't remember much from fickle public onwards. Spoke to so many legends from the boards, pitty It couldn't have been an all-dayer or something. Can't wait 'til next year.

Guest tv tanned

A most enjoyable evening Fudge, thanks for the banter.

I especially enjoyed having Robb Lucifer spray his spittle over my back while giving Bri and Craig abuse during the ceremony. Thanks for that.

Lots of very nice people out, some very much the worse for wear.

I think I was present as the Best Band urn was smashed to pieces outside the Lemon Tree. It's all a bit of a blur.

Nothing could be more amusing than some 50-something bloke thinking that I was trying to give Mel and Fli$ the come-on in Moshulu afterwards. Well apart from the look on Bobby's face after Rachie had snogged him that is...

I really enjoyed the night, and thought the edgar prais and Fickle public were both great - even though not particularly the sort of music I like.

Thought we (My Minds Weapon) played a bit of a 5 out of 10 set... but it happens. Don't understand how the sound was bad (as I understand it was). Had a bit of fun though and fortunately we played much better last night in glasgow.

The awards themselves didn't have any real surprises though..

Guest tv tanned

Got to admit, I stayed on for the MMW set but left mid-way through it. It just didn't do anything for me at all.

I can't fault your musical proficiency, so would not go to the lengths of calling you rubbish, but it just seemed very flat, and I didn't think Ben had much impact as a frontman.

Maybe it was just a bad day at the office as you suggest, let down by poor sound, but I wouldn't go out of my way to come see you guys again.

I had a great night, and can actually remember the whole thing; which is a Fudge Awards first for me!! Terrific banter, poor speeches, there was Joss.... what can i say that hasn't already been said!, Moshulu was enjoyable, despite the increased difficulty in getting comprehendable conversation out of everyone.

Edgar Praise, i enjoyed them a lot despite their music not being my cup of tea, they'll be great in time i think.

Fickle- Great band, fantastic guys, tight, confident set. But the last two times i've seen them i've been a little underwhelmed, can't put my finger on it. Maybe its just my taste changing, not sure.

MMW- First time i've seen them since the Broken Oath show, and thought they were ok. Talented guys, some nice rhythm changes and dynamics. They looked like a band, performed like a band, but the music didn't say anything to me. Vocals were dreadful in my opinion.... and maybe think against wearing a tight t-shirt next time. To think i had to put up with "Fat Bassist" heckles last year, hmmph.

I would honestly say i'd probably quite like MMW if they were instrumental, as the vocals in my opinion don't add anything to their songs.

I had a great night' date=' and can actually remember the whole thing; which is a Fudge Awards first for me!! Terrific banter, poor speeches, there was Joss.... what can i say that hasn't already been said!, Moshulu was enjoyable, despite the increased difficulty in getting comprehendable conversation out of everyone.

Edgar Praise, i enjoyed them a lot despite their music not being my cup of tea, they'll be great in time i think.

Fickle- Great band, fantastic guys, tight, confident set. But the last two times i've seen them i've been a little underwhelmed, can't put my finger on it. Maybe its just my taste changing, not sure.

MMW- First time i've seen them since the Broken Oath show, and thought they were ok. Talented guys, some nice rhythm changes and dynamics. They looked like a band, performed like a band, but the music didn't say anything to me. Vocals were dreadful in my opinion.... and maybe think against wearing a tight t-shirt next time. To think i had to put up with "Fat Bassist" heckles last year, hmmph.

I would honestly say i'd probably quite like MMW if they were instrumental, as the vocals in my opinion don't add anything to their songs.[/quote']

To be fair, although obviously i wouldnt agree with them being "dreadful" I will admit that I didnt think my vocals were upto the usual standard that i set myself and this was the first thing i said to Dan after we played. I felt it was the worst vocal performance by me in quite some time. Thankfully in Glasgow I was alot better.

Ah yes' date=' I remember now... Ross, Chris and Zippy... then a photo of me and Ross... Then a photo of Mark making some phat moves.

None are deleted... it was REAL film not digital. I'll be getting them back next weekend *rubs mitts together*

I've managed to avoid a lot of photos it seems... although I seem to remember a lot being taking with me swearing rather childishly at cameras.. :( eep.[/quote']

Aha, that was my attempt at pulling some East 17 posing.

Not sure, but i think that was the only photos i posed for. Hmm... actually, i think maybe there's one of me and Sharon drakes as well somewhere. I too will be getting my disposable camera developed in the near future, so we'll see if there's any more photos that i'm in.

To be fair' date=' we don't often* wear our OWN size small MMW t-shirts anywhere, nevermind when playing gigs :D

*ever.[/quote']

I think it was maybe the tight smart trousers round the waist pushing up the belly, much like a wonderbra would. With baggyish jeans i'm sure the gut would've been less noticeable.

But who am i to critisize (sp?) anyones figure, i apologise for commenting about it :love:

I think it was maybe the tight smart trousers round the waist pushing up the belly' date=' much like a wonderbra would. With baggyish jeans i'm sure the gut would've been less noticeable.

But who am i to critisize (sp?) anyones figure, i apologise for commenting about it :love:[/quote']

i know i need to lose a few pounds haha...