aberdeen-music

Bands that dont deserve it

JaseyBoi

Guest bluesxman
Who's that band that were on Top of the Pops last night?

The guy had a slick 'Hamlet Man' combover.

Because they were shite.

Maximo Park I would think I noticed them on in passing

Bands who don't make commercially accessible music don't deserve to be big and probably don't care about being big either. And bands who make an effort to have a wide appeal and work hard at it do deserve to be big, regardless of whether anyone thinks that way of thinking has any artistic merit or not. This renders most posts on this thread so far as invalid.

Bands who don't make commercially accesible music don't deserve to be big and probably don't care about being big either. And bands who make an effort to have a wide appeal and work hard at it do deserve to be big' date=' regardless of whether anyone thinks that way of thinking has any artistic merit or not. This renders most posts on this thread so far as invalid.[/quote']

so everyone should just sing pop music then?

TRIVIUM. Utter shite

Too True. I saw them at a gig in Glasgow last year and they couldn't even play a whole cover of Hallowed be thy name. They just fizzled out half-way through and said "sorry we never learned the rest" what a waste of everyone's time. Plus they only had a 45 min set so what were they doing playing maiden covers anyway? Indeed what a pile of shite!

I watched TOTP last night for the first time in ages. The Darkness were terrible, I thought I'd hit a time warp back to the eighties. Maximo park were also suitabnly talentless - I've been in bands that sounded better and that's really saying something! I do think some of the bands around today are just people picked by record companies for their stupidity or gullability and are merely used like puppets to make the maximum profit. The thing is though, there are far less singles sold today than there was 10 years ago so the record companies are losing out to their own greed - sad very sad :down:

but you could look on the internet and find a million bands that sound the same. some might put in loads of work and get nowhere' date=' but one might put in no effort at all and make it massive. just cause they are in the right place at the right time, playing the right "thing."[/quote']

Well okay, there is luck involved too, but you have to be willing to put in the effort and to make the right music in order to be big in the first place.