aberdeen-music

Your favourite "Uncool" Acts

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

One of my favourite acts is Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler, neither of whom have ever been "cool" with snobby critics and the NME.

But I don't care.

Who are your favourite "uncool" acts? Come on all you Def Leppard fans, let's hear it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada
Im sure Jester could make Aberdeen-music crash with his list.:up:

I like Jean Michele Jarre' date=' Jan Hammer, Enya, Dire Straits too.[/quote']

Jan Hammer, there's a name I haven't heard of for a while.

I think you should get the white suit, loafers and pastel t-shirt to go for a Miami Vice look.

Guest DustyDeviada
Neil Diamond' date=' Elvis Presley, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Roy Orbison, Frankie Goes To Hollywood. Sure there's a few others....[/quote']

I wouldn't say that any of those are truly uncool with the exception of Neil Diamond, and even he is being "cooled up" by Rick Rubin at the moment.

Guest DustyDeviada

I forgot' date=' The Travelling Wilburys[/quote']

One of my faves too, I recently got Volume 3, and while it's not as good as volume 1, it's better than just about everything else.

There's a whole heap of Wilbury's related music from that period, including the Tom Petty/Roy Orbison/George Harrison albums that were all produced by Jeff Lynne that sound amazing, but are seriously uncool never the less.

Guest bluesxman
I wouldn't say that any of those are truly uncool with the exception of Neil Diamond' date=' and even he is being "cooled up" by Rick Rubin at the moment.[/quote']

Personally I don't give a shit whether people think anything I listen to is uncool, I like what I like. I put those because they have all been questioned by people in the past when I have expressed my liking for them. I am looking forward to the Rick Rubin produced Diamond album.

Guest bluesxman
creedence are cool aren't they? i always thought they were kinda cool anyway. i love creedence.

i'd say tom petty was probably my favourite uncool act.

I think so myself, great vocals. Forgot Tom Petty he's done some good stuff, I think the She's The One soundtrack is the only CD I actually own though....

Guest DustyDeviada
Nsync' date=' Britney Spears... the current "Now 62" (which I stole from someone's computer) erm... a lot of 80's junk. The Bravery... are Duran Duran uncool? They're a fucking sweet deal if you ask me.

[/quote']

I'd say The Bravery are probably cool, Duran Duran are cool in an ironic way.

NME Journo type #1: "I went to see Duran Duran at Wembley, god I was caned off my tits but we had a fucking great time singing along to Rio."

NME Journo type #2: "Free tickets?"

NME Journo type #1: "Yep."