aberdeen-music

Lightning Bolt....sat 13th May.....aberdeen!!!

any other useful tips you have??

Don't be sarcastic when there isn't a need for it. I'm sure you would have no intention of putting them on in somewhere mainstream' date=' but you never know with people ;)

any ideas for support bands??

I've not heard lightning bolt (too lazy to listen to MP3's), but here's what I'd do, feel free to tear it apart as appopriate.

project ven:hell for definite.

i'd consider an EBM artist. I know very, very little about the music, but from what I've heard, the right artist could really provide a way of sucking people into the night. it would take an act with incredible charisma to pull it off, and it would be a huge gamble, but what's life without taking risks?

finally, to open, i'd have a local artist, perhaps someone well known who was willing to take risks in their set. definitely a solo performance, though. If I was picking a name off the top of my head, then it would be Tim Bench.

project ven:hell for definite.

i'd consider an EBM artist. I know very' date=' very little about the music, but from what I've heard, the right artist could really provide a way of sucking people into the night. it would take an act with incredible charisma to pull it off, and it would be a huge gamble, but what's life without taking risks?

finally, to open, i'd have a local artist, perhaps someone well known who was willing to take risks in their set. definitely a solo performance, though. If I was picking a name off the top of my head, then it would be Tim Bench.[/quote']

sounds like a plan

ill get on it straight away

if you have any other useful tips or ideas please pass them on. i dont have a clue when it comes to running gigs in general, never mind gigs of genres i love

You dont have to do anything other than click a few things: http://www.youtube.com/results?search=lightning+bolt&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

Being honest, musically, I think they are utter shit, but I'm sure that it will be quite an experience standing right beside them/being exposed to that sound in person.

EDIT: That's meant in reply to clouds 'lazy mp3' thing.

The video from Japan captures everything i love about LB....ahhh' date=' cant fucking wait

Edit: also ride the skies....being my favourate song and all.....cant wait even more[/quote']

Keep in mind you may not be alive to see em! o_O

i'd consider an EBM artist. I know very' date=' very little about the music, but from what I've heard, the right artist could really provide a way of sucking people into the night. it would take an act with incredible charisma to pull it off, and it would be a huge gamble, but what's life without taking risks?

finally, to open, i'd have a local artist, perhaps someone well known who was willing to take risks in their set. definitely a solo performance, though. If I was picking a name off the top of my head, then it would be Tim Bench.[/quote']

EBM artist? I get what you mean about drawing say the Psydoll/Obedience School/Xenophon kinda crowd but getting an EBM willing to be on this lineup (the chance to play with Tim Bench might be the clincher I guess), in Aberdeen, on this particular date , that don't get into too 'fruity' a territory as to be suitable for the lineup would be kinda hard. Quite a good idea in drawing said crowd in for a gig but you'd have to have a more electronicy/dancey or gothy lineup or something to make it work I'd say.

Local solo artist who's willing to take risks in their set and is well-known? Why does Tim Bench get your approval for that? I'd rather see Ewan Uncle dance about wearing nothing but a cardboard box with armholes opening the show. He'd certainly be more suitable.

EBM artist? I get what you mean about drawing say the Psydoll/Obedience School/Xenophon kinda crowd but getting an EBM willing to be on this lineup (the chance to play with Tim Bench might be the clincher I guess)' date=' in Aberdeen, on this particular date , that don't get into too 'fruity' a territory as to be suitable for the lineup would be kinda hard. Quite a good idea in drawing said crowd in for a gig but you'd have to have a more electronicy/dancey or gothy lineup or something to make it work I'd say.[/quote']

Yeah, quite possibly. My thinking behind saying an EBM artist was that someone open minded enough to become familiar with the genre would be open to other genres too - though the more I think about it, the more that it would have the potential to be an utter disaster. But at the same time, it could open up lots of people's minds...I guess it's just an issue of deciding whether a risk will increase or decrease people's enjoyment.

Local solo artist who's willing to take risks in their set and is well-known? Why does Tim Bench get your approval for that? I'd rather see Ewan Uncle dance about wearing nothing but a cardboard box with armholes opening the show. He'd certainly be more suitable.

Tim Bench only got it because he was the first artist that came to mind who would be convincing in doing something drastically different to the norm for him. Obviously any solo artist who could be convincing would do the trick - I think the important thing would be to get something who could surprise people who would be expecting one thing, only to receive another.

I'll just have to find out what EBM is for myself then!

From a site

EBM

EBM stands for Electronic Body Music, a genre born during the mid 80's from the fusion of Electro and Industrial styles. It was originated by the work of the Belgian band FRONT 242 whom used the term for the very first time in the release of their first release -12" "Endless Riddance" - in 1983.

Other important EBM artists are NITZER EBB, FRONT LINE ASSEMBLY, CLOCK DVA, The Klinik, and Vomito Negro.