aberdeen-music

Mogwai

Got Mr Beast on Monday - excellent! Glasgow Mega-Snake rocks but could've done with being twice as long. Thats the only thing I'd criticise about the album, some of the tracks are too short, think the longest one is only 5 and a half minutes long. Its got touches of all their previous albums in it so would be a good choice for someone wanting to get into Mogwai.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the 'gwai at a charity gig in the Arches in November. It was awesome, my ears were still ringing 2 days later - no joke. They played a lot of new stuff fae the no-yet-released beast. Now that it's oot, I can say (in my opinion) that it's their best. There's a lot less fucking around and more solid tunes. Glasgow Mega-Snake is unreal, a total assault! up their with Christmas Steps and Like Herod. Travel is Dangerous is really special too but it's the more subtle tunes such as Acid Food and Folk Death 95 that give the album it's girth, Fuckin quality! get yer arses back up the 'deen some time!

• 4 weeks later...

best post rock band i have heard in ages, remind me of the appleseed cats, tristeza, explosions in the sky

www.myspace.com/moliafalls

playing in aberdeen friday 12th may in the tunnels with small enclosed area and the fall of boss koala

all details can be found here

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34751

pretty sure most open minded mogwai fans will appreciate this spam, this band are gorgeous

The Usher Hall gig was fantastic. Mogwai really kicked ass.

For them to finish with Stereodee from the EP was unprecedented (for me) but what a wall of noise!

I got a pleasant surprise when they performed Yes! I am a long way from home and Mogwai Fear Satan from Young Team.

Are the days of Helicon 1 & 2 and I am Batman gone forever? ;(

I hope not!

I'm really looking forward to the Alber Hall event - BRING IT ON!

The Usher Hall gig was fantastic. Mogwai really kicked ass.

For them to finish with Stereodee from the EP was unprecedented (for me) but what a wall of noise!

I got a pleasant surprise when they performed Yes! I am a long way from home and Mogwai Fear Satan from Young Team.

Are the days of Helicon 1 & 2 and I am Batman gone forever? ;(

I hope not!

I'm really looking forward to the Alber Hall event - BRING IT ON!

Errrrr... Ok. I might just be pedantic like this but I have to correct you. They haven't played Stereodee in years. The song they played was "We're No Here" from Mr. Beast. They also definitely played Helicon 1. And it's "I Am Not Batman." You should check out the unofficial Mogwai site Bright Light! Pretty much all of their set lists so you can see what they have been playing. They do play Helicon 2 sometimes and they've also started playing Stanley Kubrick again. But they'll never play I Am Not Batman again.

Can you tell that I like Mogwai? :king:

But how shit were De Rosa?

auto rock

yes! i am a long way from home

friend of the night

i know you are but what am i?

acid food

travel is dangerous

kids will be skeletons

mogwai fear satan

ithica 27o9

hunted by a freak

2 rights make 1 wrong

glasgow mega-snake

encore:

helicon 1

we're no here

And De Rosa were indeed shit. Why bring out the acoustic guitar!! 2 decent songs out of a set of 7 or 8.

Errrrr... Ok. I might just be pedantic like this but I have to correct you. They haven't played Stereodee in years. The song they played was "We're No Here" from Mr. Beast. They also definitely played Helicon 1. And it's "I Am Not Batman." You should check out the unofficial Mogwai site Bright Light! Pretty much all of their set lists so you can see what they have been playing. They do play Helicon 2 sometimes and they've also started playing Stanley Kubrick again. But they'll never play I Am Not Batman again.

Can you tell that I like Mogwai? :king:

But how shit were De Rosa?

No worries. My bad. I'll admit I'm wrong and stand corrected. :up:

Thanks for the Bright Light tip.

It's a weekend of familiarising myself with all of Mogwai's stuff for me this weekend. It'll piss the neighbours off no end!

And, yes, De Rosa were dire spelt S-H-I-T-E