aberdeen-music

poor standards?

Guest MKII

http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32353&page=3

holy jehovas breakfast!' date=' werent fuck off machete just marvelous? I was dancing like a freakboy on e. Anyway , aye, the 13 yr old thing was puzzling cos my weapons mind are utter shite. Where are these people for the rest of the aberdeen gigs? Machete were truely awesome, fiction/////////////////////action were ok, i liked the new songs much better than the old ones, although do the math is rocking.[/quote']

Cheers Philip' date=' I remember that now!

I'm just guessing the answers to these;

What makes u say its out of tune?

the fact it sounds out of tune?

wot should my tuning have been?

Being IN tune.

can u even tell me wot my tuning was?

Out of tune.

I never go anywhere without my TU2

I never go anywhere without lipstick on, but that's not to say that I've done a proper job applying it... :D

But seriously. I'm guessing Graeme thought either the singing or the instruments were slightly out of tune. Even if you use a TU2 doesn't mean that your guitar is therefore *definitely* in tune. The intonation on the guitar could be out for a start. And also if the strings haven't been tuned PROPERLY, there's a chance that even five seconds after tuning them they could become 'un'-tuned. I feel that tuners should be used as a very good rough guide (if that makes sense), and then your ear should be used to make sure the instrument is in tune. :)

Too much muso crap....I like stuff to be out of tune (not saying that FormerMinister are). It's just a chance to hear what folks are doing...you either like it or not. You could have stuff played to perfection that's totally emotionless/bland.

But as Harold McNair proves, perfect technical playing can also be very, very ACE, emotional and the extreme opposite of bland!!! :love:

What makes u say its out of tune? wot should my tuning have been? can u even tell me wot my tuning was? I never go anywhere without my TU2

Jeez.... if you thought something was "out of tune" what would your definition be?

I think it sounds out of tune.....the notes sound wrong, its an observation and an opinion and I know my way round a guitar and have tuned a few in my day.

" can u even tell me wot my tuning was?" yes......bad!

Guest Les Stroszek

I'm being presumptious here but if your still using the Strat I borrowed for the Tunnels gig ages ago then I think its ok for playing about with in your room or perhaps as a back-up guitar but perhaps you would be wise in investing in a Jazzmester or a Jaguar. There not too expensive and would suit your stuff down to a T. Likewsie you could just put your guitar in to get the intonation sorted.

Guest neil ex
Too much muso crap....I like stuff to be out of tune (not saying that FormerMinister are). It's just a chance to hear what folks are doing...you either like it or not. You could have stuff played to perfection that's totally emotionless/bland.

The guitar didn't sound that bad to me at all. ?(

Ollie you had better work on your guitar playing, invest thousands of pounds on a good guitar, a proper tuner and some quality studio time, and get a bit of attitude aswell!