aberdeen-music

death in hardgate gunshop

Stripey

Guest DustyDeviada
I think they want to find the family before letting the press get hold of the name' date=' how would you prefer to find out your brother/dad/partner killed themself, in a paper or via a copper on your door.[/quote']

Hey, cool the beans guys, all I said was that they hadn't released the name yet, of course they need to let the family know first.

But I lived in Milltimber for 25 years, so there's a good chance that I will know him, so I am curious.

I think they want to find the family before letting the press get hold of the name' date=' how would you prefer to find out your brother/dad/partner killed themself, in a paper or via a copper on your door.[/quote']

Well I can report that the copper at the door is horrendous.....from experience.

Guest Les Stroszek

I was down in Glasgow when I read that this news I found it very weird when I found it happened in a shop just off Holburn Street. Its very bizarre that with tight gun laws these days someone can just walk into a shop and and be given a gun without any restrictions. In fact it seems strange in these days such a shop can exist. I certainly don't think there are any room for guns in Britain at all, not for anything. Leave them to ignorant Americans like Bush or Charlton Heston...

I certainly don't think there are any room for guns in Britain at all' date=' not for anything. [/quote']

There are many legitimate reasons for owning a gun and for gun shops like Andersons to exist. Farmers and estate workers need guns to control pests like Pigeons, Rabbits, Rats and Foxes as well as organised culls of the deer population etc. In addition to this there's sporting reasons such as clay pigeon shooting and target shooting.

There are many legitimate reasons for owning a gun and for gun shops like Andersons to exist. Farmers and estate workers need guns to control pests like Pigeons' date=' Rabbits, Rats and Foxes as well as organised culls of the deer population etc. In addition to this there's sporting reasons such as clay pigeon shooting and target shooting.[/quote']

and you don't got peace if you don't got a piece

Guest Les Stroszek
There are many legitimate reasons for owning a gun and for gun shops like Andersons to exist. Farmers and estate workers need guns to control pests like Pigeons' date=' Rabbits, Rats and Foxes as well as organised culls of the deer population etc. In addition to this there's sporting reasons such as clay pigeon shooting and target shooting.[/quote']

Well yeah thats true of course but the whole idea of the shop seems very haphazard. I don't want to sound like some peace loving hippy its just that guns are still too common up here though its got to be said not as big a problem up here as it is in parts of England for example. Anyway its possible this guy had a licenece for legitimate use of guns before the incident but that didn't stop him.