aberdeen-music

March 12th: Punk, ska, hip-hop. All Day gig!

kirkt

GFN? presents...

Sonic Boom Six:Favourites with GFN? are this lot. Fantastic mix of reggae, hardcore punk and hip-hop. One of the best bands in the UK today who have been touring hard for a few years now. In the last year they have played Glastonbury and the Love Music, Hate Racism event alongside Hard-Fi and The Beat. www.myspace.com/sonicboomsix

Thinkpol: Featuring ex-members of Howards Alias. This band have already generated a lot of interested already. Emotional rock www.myspace.com/thinkpolmusic

Straightaway: Melodic hardcore punk from France. For fans of Strung Out, Rufio,Bigwig etc. Toured with Lagwagon, Useless ID, Belvedere etc www.myspace.com/straightaway

Taking Chance: Formed from the remains of Misled Youth and Pummel. Reggae tinted post-rock www.myspace.com/takingchasemusic

The Upstarts Dirty, thrashy ska punk from one of Aberdeens best www.myspace.com/theeupstarts

State of Affairs Riot 'n'roll from Fife www.myspace.com/stateofaffairsrock

Granite Emcees Aberdeen hip-hop/rap collective. Awesome! www.myspace.com/graniteemcees

One Man Race : Dundee ska punkers. A real fun, live band www.myspace.com/1manrace

25th Is Not An Option Local emo-punk mixing it up with some fast skate stuff and a hint of Bouncing souls www.myspace.com/25thisnotanoptionrock

The Boring Ending Pop punk in a similar vein to Blink 182 etc www.myspace.com/theboringending

@ Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen

Sunday 12th March 2006

4.30pm- midnight, £6 door tax

over 14s welcome

I didn't notice that the new misled youth band was playing - ace :)

i sense a maxwell/thurisaz all dayer

:)

this will be ace. but i think ill go to drummonds as there are some ace local bands playing to pay for some guy to have a holiday

Don't be so grouchy. So what if teh yare on the same day? If you aren't interested in going to the drummonds gig - don't go, but there is no need to moan about it to everybody else.

Deary me, we've only been a band for 4 weeks and people are getting our name wrong, Taking Chase is the new Misled Youth band - www.myspace.com/takingchasemusic :p

This is going to be our first EVER gig and I can't wait, so many ace bands playing, so we better not suck!

As for what we're going to sound like, it's gonna be pretty much similar to the Youth (still playing a couple of MY songs) - except the fast bits are faster, the ska bits are more reggae, the tunes are more melodic and the new guy's are fooking amazing musicians so it generally rocks a lot harder 8)

anyway, sorry to keep talking about the band.............I'm just well excitied!!