aberdeen-music

Horse the Band, The Final Sigh, Butchers of Bakersfield etc

kirkt

Guest five years

fluffy... - ... don't really want to say anything, but if you're twisting my arm 'embarrasing' comes to mind...

butchers of bakersfield - i hope never to see them again

flood of red - good, but not a good show by their standards

the final sigh - didn't watch them

horse the band - rubbish. nothing to their songs. singer's chat got boring after about 5 seconds. when american bands think they're amazing, oh dear.

fluffy... - ... don't really want to say anything' date=' but if you're twisting my arm 'embarrasing' comes to mind...

butchers of bakersfield - i hope never to see them again

flood of red - good, but not a good show by their standards

the final sigh - didn't watch them

horse the band - rubbish. nothing to their songs. singer's chat got boring after about 5 seconds. when american bands think they're amazing, oh dear.[/quote']well you wasted alot of money.

I feel the same, I REALLY should have spent my money on a Hundred Reasons ticket instead.

Embarassing is probably the word for Fluffy, yeah...I guess I just don't get it...or something.

Butchers of Bakersfield bored me.

Flood of Red were fairly ace, but I've seen them play better. Smaller stage restricted their movement for one thing, I think.

Final Sigh were just shite IMO. Beatdown beatdown beatddown. Oh my God, QUIET PART! Booooring.

Horse were a disappointment. Even though the songs weren't sounding that great, I'd still rather have listened to them than the singer talking shite.

Horse the Band would have been miles better if they cut out all the shite the singer was talking between songs. Occasionally funny (like telling everyone to go away at the end) but I'd rather have just heard them play so I could go home early.

Final Sigh were good cept for the melodic singing bits.

I didnt like Flood of Red cos it was all melodic singing bits.

We rocked. When we knew what song we were playing. Sometimes.

Not sure bout Fluffy and The Rainbow Bunnies. Entertaining in short bursts.

Guest Phantomsmasher

Missed most the bands.

Final Sigh were okay... too many cliches thrown in there for me to get into them.

Horse the Band would have been good if they shut their singer up, the banter was only funny for about 5 minutes then it just got irritating.

Never realised a scene like that existed in aberdeen though, it was quite an eye opener...

The 'horse the band' member who was wearing shorts looked like Napoleon Dynamite. Missed half of them due to sitting in a naerby pub.

Flood Of Red gave a very good preformance, despite no star jump things and their audience bummage - 'we're really glad you all came out tonight' 'we really appreciate it' etc etc

The 'horse the band' member who was wearing shorts looked like Napoleon Dynamite. Missed half of them due to sitting in a naerby pub.

Flood Of Red gave a very good preformance' date=' despite no star jump things and their audience bummage - 'we're really glad you all came out tonight' 'we really appreciate it' etc etc[/quote']

ever thought that they were glad that all those people did come out? just a thought!

Had a really fucking good night, got to hang out with Horse the band and went to Forbidden Planet with Nathan and Erik for some comic books.

Our set was pretty shitty, we had technical problems for fuckng ages and so we had to cut our set short. I couldn't do anything about the guitar because if I put the volume up, all I would get is that annoying feedback. Pretty disappointed however it was good to play some new songs live.

The Butchers of Bakersfield were entertaining but not musically :p a good filler band for the night.

Flood of Red...Oh dear. I found them boring, repetitive and oh so cliché. Pretty disgusted that a band such as them were on the bill. Plus their 'audience' must have all had tourettes or something because they kept shaking their heads every three seconds to get the combover out of their eyes. Then they had the decency to leave before some decent music came on.

The Final Sigh were better but still the old typical bollocks. Go and write some stuff that isn't just regurgitated shite that everyone has heard before.

Horse the Band were fucking awesome, but that is probably mainly because I have waited years to see them. Like Nathan said "we don't soundcheck. We just come in, play our set then go out and drink or something", and knowing what they were like live from footage on their tour dvd, I knew what to expect. But the crowd were really getting into them, and best ending to a set EVER: just walk off the stage and go drink. Classic. Highlight from them was Soaring Quails/Taken By Vultures and The Black Hole