aberdeen-music

New PS3 Info....$599 launch price??

The Kernel Loaf

$599 = roughly 345

didn't xbox 360's start at something extortionate?

but these things always reduce in price!

It isn't just the price, it's the lack of features aswell.

Once you buy a PS3 game and run it on your PS3, it will be unique to that console. If you try to play it on your friend's PS3 it won't work. That is just plain ridiculous. If you pay 50 quid for a game and think it's shite then you are screwed.

Also, no blu ray technology as promised o_O

Once you buy a PS3 game and run it on your PS3' date=' it will be unique to that console. If you try to play it on your friend's PS3 it won't work. That is just plain ridiculous. If you pay 50 quid for a game and think it's shite then you are screwed.

[/quote']

Thats fucking mental.

As an owner of both a PS 1 + 2 I can safely say I will not be buying one of these if this is the case

Why won't they say who the developer that 'leaked' the information was?? Does nobody else suspect that it could be shit put forward by a rival company or something. 1-game per console, good eene, they would honestly shaft themselves with a move like that and although sony can be quite greedy, surely nobody believes they're that stupid?

Guest five years
Why won't they say who the developer that 'leaked' the information was?? Does nobody else suspect that it could be shit put forward by a rival company or something. 1-game per console' date=' good eene, they would honestly shaft themselves with a move like that and although sony can be quite greedy, surely nobody believes they're that stupid?[/quote']

exactly.

plus, Cloud, BOLLOCKS they release consoles at the same price regardless of currency. that's the most retarded thing ever. think about it, $600 in japan is over Yen70,000 like fuck they're gonna sell the ps3 for Yen600 you muppet.

I personally am going to ingore all that until a vaild site that doesn't use myspace relases the same information. At the moment very little is known about the PS3 apart from what sony has released, it would be stupid of them not to include blu-ray after all the time and money they have invested in producing it. The Japanese launch of the console is still scheduled for spring this year. Nothing will really be known about any of the other stuff mentioned until then or E3 in May.

I personally am going to ingore all that until a vaild site that doesn't use myspace relases the same information. At the moment very little is known about the PS3 apart from what sony has released' date=' it would be stupid of them not to include blu-ray after all the time and money they have invested in producing it. The Japanese launch of the console is still scheduled for spring this year. Nothing will really be known about any of the other stuff mentioned until then or E3 in May.[/quote']

Yup, I'm with MattJimF on this one. I'v heard similar rumours about the anti piracy thing, but that would surely be suicide for sony. wouldn't it?

its as much suicide as a pub banning smoking. but it happens and we HAVE to deal with it.......

gaming companys just like all major distribution companys are spending millions a year on trying to fight piracy but tbh piracy will always be with us untill companys take extreme measures like 1 game 1 console... i very much doubt they would do this (im not saying they havent got the technology) i just doubt they would completly make them this way,as statistics show that most homes generaly have more than one console. microsoft would rather one home had 2 microsoft products so game sharing is inevatible..

its as much suicide as a pub banning smoking. but it happens and we HAVE to deal with it.......

gaming companys just like all major distribution companys are spending millions a year on trying to fight piracy but tbh piracy will always be with us untill companys take extreme measures like 1 game 1 console... i very much doubt they would do this (im not saying they havent got the technology) i just doubt they would completly make them this way' date='as statistics show that most homes generaly have more than one console. microsoft would rather one home had 2 microsoft products so game sharing is inevatible..[/quote']

Yes, but it is a complete pain in the arse to carry around your PS3 to your mates house just so you can play a 2-player game. Perhaps they just seem to rely on the false idea that everyone has a broadband ADSL and a Sony HDTV so they won't need to take their game elsewhere as they can play it online.

What's next? If you use your PS3 with a Sony tv it's unique to that tv?

gaming companys just like all major distribution companys are spending millions a year on trying to fight piracy but tbh piracy will always be with us untill companys take extreme measures like 1 game 1 console... i very much doubt they would do this (im not saying they havent got the technology) i just doubt they would completly make them this way' date='as statistics show that most homes generaly have more than one console. microsoft would rather one home had 2 microsoft products so game sharing is inevatible..[/quote']

A fair point, but the gamecube managed to be piracy free without resorting to games nite spoiling tactics.

i don't think the game code thing is workable. it's a rumour that's been flying round for a couple of months now and i don't think anyone in sony has even come close to acknowledging it. sounds like a load of toss to me. as is the no blu ray thing. all sony have done is bang on and on about blu ray and how the ps3 will be the first truly next-gen console, they'd be killing themselves if they then didn't include blu ray but still launched at a higher price than the 360.

you have to remember that sony haven't even built a complete working ps3 yet. everything that's been seen is on pc dev kits so until you see a game running on a proper ps3 console i have one thing to say. don't believe the hype.