aberdeen-music

Re-discovering great bands.

Jimmy Lucifer

Gun Club - Fire Of Love

I always used to think that Fire Of Love was "the one" but I've been appreciating Miami a helluva lot these past couple of months.

Got a bit of a rediscovery thing going on with Husker Du (can't get Girl Who Lives On Heaven Hill outta the damn CD player!) and their Dundonian influencees Broccoli at the moment. Good memories.

I love the guitar sound in Useless :love:

I used to have Songs of Faith and Devotion' date=' I can't think where it's gone... I must re-purchase it.

Edit: Do you know is the remixes album is any good? I havent heard it and was a bit scared to buy it incase it was rubbish... I've only heard the remix of 'Enjoy the slience' and I thought that was great.[/quote']

nah i have no idea about the re-mixes and prob wouldnt be that interested in it to be honest.

songs of faith and devotion is just...amazing.

Guest bluesxman

Edit: Do you know is the remixes album is any good? I havent heard it and was a bit scared to buy it incase it was rubbish... I've only heard the remix of 'Enjoy the slience' and I thought that was great.

I saw that going mucho cheap recently, like 4.99 cheap, think it was HMV or FOPP, sort of perice that makes it worth a flutter.

• 2 years later...

I decided to listen to Nevermind on the way to work this morning. I doubt I've listened to it the whole way through for at least 5 or 6 years. I had forgotten just how monumentally amazing a record it is. This album and In Utero probably had the biggest impact on my taste in music...

This afternoon, Radio 2 DJ Steve Wright played Smells Like Teen Spirit during his Golden Oldies section...