aberdeen-music

Rick Rubin to produce new Metallica Album

jonty84

AJFA is utter class. So there in't that much bass?...meh bass schmase.

As for Hetfields voice - It is now better than it was back in the day. From the S&m album onwards it's been awesome. S&m is a masterpeice of musicianship.

I wish they played 'To Live Is To Die' and 'Orion' on S&M though, would've been amazing.

I think Hetfield's voice was at it's best during Justice times for the thrashy stuff that they were doing on RTL, MOP and AJFA but as stuff that's a bit less hyper (Black Album, Load, Reload) has come into the sets, I think his voice has changed well to suit the stuff.

Metallica are always gonna be a firm favourite of mine.

I still wanna start a Metallica + Slayer + Pantera covers band by the way (hint hint everyone!). :up:

• Upvote 1

Most recently' date=' Rubin has provided the service for Neil Diamond. The result of nearly 10 years' pursuit of the artist by the producer, Diamond's new album 12 Songs takes this renowned showman back to an era before he wore glittering jumpsuits, and back to his roots as a singer-songwriter. In places, it's a pretty good record. But whatever its successes, its chief function is as a jumping-off point for speculation. Now he's done Neil Diamond, which other gilded lilies would most benefit from the "Rubin treatment"?

[/quote']

And this man is garnering a bit of a respect from some of the people on this thread? Incredible!

Master of Puppets is by far my favourite Metallica album. AJFA is amazing but the lack of bass throughout is kinda distracting. As far as Hetfields vocals go, he was at his best during the Black Album era IMO.

It must be about a year since I listened to St. Anger. It's a good album but the lack of solos etc plus the actual length of each track, make it sound a bit dull after a while.

EDIT: I hope Ulrich switches the snare back on for the next album too!

Cheers,

Craig.

I had a dream about the new metallica album last night, dreamt i read the review about it in some metal mag and it got 1 out of 5 and it was utterly shit...

no idea what that had to do with anything, just felt relevant.

btw, i listened to St. Anger the other day, its been a while, i kinda enjoyed it tho, there's a few really good moments from Sweet Amber onwards.

I like Metallica in this order

Kill Em All > Lightning > Puppets > Justice > Metallica > Load > Reload

The gaps aren't big between the first four btw. Musically Kill Em All isn't as great technically as the next 3, but I find it more enjoyable. It has the best riffs. Metallica has good songs on it, but it is far too dull, yet not as dull as Load/Reload, to which I prefer St Anger