aberdeen-music

DEDALUS! Performing Live! For You!

Guest Dedalus

Perhaps it would be best if you didn't use the internet again.

Yup, perhaps it would best if you did too.

Dedalus to me are living on their name, prior glories, etc...they were a hell of a band two years ago, but they're not the same band now. Fin.

(having said that...I want the old dedalus back :( moshulu in 2004, back room, supporting stapleton, what a performance)

Dedalus to me are living on their name' date=' prior glories, etc...they were a hell of a band two years ago, but they're not the same band now. Fin.[/quote']

When was the last time you saw Dedalus just out of interest? I know it hasn't been the same since that NME award but like Dave said it's up to the band to decide when it's for the best to split up. No one can predict the future.

Should be at Shutter instead tonight (leaving soon with any luck) but will be at the Thursday gig if all goes to plan. Unless I'm forgetting another gig that's on that night.

Yup' date=' perhaps it would best if you did too.

Dedalus to me are living on their name, prior glories, etc...they were a hell of a band two years ago, but they're not the same band now. Fin.

(having said that...I want the old dedalus back :( moshulu in 2004, back room, supporting stapleton, what a performance)[/quote']

that was our worst gig ever. easily the most disappointing gig dedalus ever played. the sound was shit and everything went wrong for us but we gave it our all regardless.

i really don't think dedalus are living on their name. they're just a local band at the end of the day same as any other, it's not like we ever even toured or anything like that. dedalus were always an evolving band and it's no different now, just cause you don't like them as much as you used to(and i doubt you saw us that regularly anyway) doesn't mean they're any less of a band now than they were or that you have the say as to when they call it a day.

( moshulu in 2004' date=' back room, supporting stapleton, what a performance)[/quote']

That gig was awful. They had the worst sound I've ever heard them get and by their own admission (see Dave's post) it wasn't a good gig for them (in fact it was the worst gig I've ever seen them play).

Now the Lemon Tree with the Needles, that was a great performance.

that was our worst gig ever. easily the most disappointing gig dedalus ever played. the sound was shit and everything went wrong for us but we gave it our all regardless.

Well' date=' Dedalus got a fan that night :) I wrote this review back then -

[url']http://www.rawkstar.net/live/?id=18

I'm trying to remeber just who the critic was... :\

I can admit it though, I don't have a keen ear for music..it sounded great to me, that's all :)

i really don't think dedalus are living on their name. they're just a local band at the end of the day same as any other, it's not like we ever even toured or anything like that. dedalus were always an evolving band and it's no different now, just cause you don't like them as much as you used to(and i doubt you saw us that regularly anyway) doesn't mean they're any less of a band now than they were or that you have the say as to when they call it a day.

Course not, it's just an opinion at the end of the day. I can't remeber how many times I saw Dedalus back then, a lot of gigs have blurred into one in my mind, just the Moshulu one stuck as being "wow".

Well' date=' Dedalus got a fan that night :) I wrote this review back then -

[url']http://www.rawkstar.net/live/?id=18

I'm trying to remeber just who the critic was... :\

I can admit it though, I don't have a keen ear for music..it sounded great to me, that's all :)

Course not, it's just an opinion at the end of the day. I can't remeber how many times I saw Dedalus back then, a lot of gigs have blurred into one in my mind, just the Moshulu one stuck as being "wow".

nice review, you spelt our name wrong.

I don't know if that was sarcasm or not Dave' date=' but I thought it was a really badly written article![/quote']

It was, wasn't it? My writing was shocking back then...

And yeah, getting the name wrong was the icing on the cake. Still, better to have written than never to have written at all and all that.

Guest bluesxman
:laughing:

calling me a music reviewer would be pushing it a bit' date=' i think ;)[/quote']

Well, you wrote a 'review' at least once going by your link, that was the sole basis of my comment. I have no idea what function you actually perform within the Aberdeen music community, if any. I just find it amusing that someone who presumably performs some kind of music related function would say they have no ear for music.

• Upvote 1

March 16th' date=' 2006. Final Dedalus public appearance.[/quote']

so that's official now?

last nights gig was good, steven had lost his voice almost completely though but did well regardless. credit must also go to hugh who coped admirably on his first gig with them. henri got cancer was awesome.

Well' date=' you wrote a 'review' at least once going by your link, that was the sole basis of my comment. I have no idea what function you actually perform within the Aberdeen music community, if any. I just find it amusing that someone who presumably performs some kind of music related function would say they have no ear for music.[/quote']

Reviewing isn't what i do really, it was only done as a favour to a guy who was just starting up his site at the time.

As for what I do in the "music scene"? Not much, I help people here and there, but nothing that the public would see or know about, which suits me and suits them :) Needless to say...it doesn't involve sound :laughing:

Guest Dedalus
so that's official now?

Steven has moved to Ireland. It kind of has to be it really.

The rest of us begin a new chapter with a different name and different ideas.