aberdeen-music

Underated TV Shows

jester1470

The Macgyver thread got me thinking about past shows that are underated or slightly less known now.

Macgyver - class show, Richard Dean Anderson pre-Stargate able to make anything out of nothing,. the only guy who ever managed to stop a leaky radioactive installation with chocolate.

Millenium - A former FBI profiler with the ability to look inside the mind of a killer begins working for the mysterious Millennium Group, a group committed to battling a crime wave which grows as the turn of the millenium approaches.

The Lone Gunmen - X-files spinoff, predicted 9/11 by 6 months but generally much funnier than the X-files.

Sliders - Scifi series that had a great first few seasons, all about a group of people who could slide into alternative dimensions such as the one where Elvis was president.

Moonlighting - the series that made Bruce Willis a star, funny, off the wall, and classy.

Tru Calling - A medical grad student in Boston takes a job at a local morgue. There, she discovers that she has the power to "re-live" the previous day over again to help the people who wrongly ended up dead. She uses this gift not only to save lives, but to help her trouble-plagued family - her older sister, a lawyer and drug addict; and her younger brother.

All great shows that I still enjoy :).

Cheers

Stuart

Moonlighting - the series that made Bruce Willis a star' date=' funny, off the wall, and classy.

[/quote']

Totally agree! it is on abc1 everyday!

i am addicted to all the shitty american shows on abc1 (channel 281 on sky)

less than perfest, home improvement, 8 simple rules.. all classics!

Mythbusters (Discovery)

24 - although (5 seasons later it's starting to pick up)

How It's Made (Discovery)

Superstructures (5 / Discovery)

However, most 'entertainment' on regular telly is shite. Things like My Name Is Earl and the I.T. Crowd would also be much better, and score higher audience figures if they were mid-week shows. None of this friday night mollarky.

my name is earl, and how its made are good passtimes, but mythbusters is the ultimate tv show! what they do to buster always makes me laugh... thoose guys lifes are like dreams come true, would be an ace job!

However' date=' most 'entertainment' on regular telly is shite. Things like My Name Is Earl and the I.T. Crowd would also be much better, and score higher audience figures if they were mid-week shows. None of this friday night mollarky.[/quote']

I agree, i always fucking miss them as i'm either out or doing something.:down:

Things like My Name Is Earl and the I.T. Crowd would also be much better' date=' and score higher audience figures if they were mid-week shows. None of this friday night mollarky.[/quote']

Yeah I couldn't agree more. I can't believe Peep Show got cancelled because of poor ratings, no wonder when almost everyone I know who loves it is out getting trashed on a friday night.

I know there's a lot of people on here who love it, but I still think The Mighty Boosh is really underrated. That and Look Around You.

Thanks Paul.... Thaul. X

Guest bluesxman

I bought the Firefly DVD set as it was cheap as hell and it sounded interesting after seeing reviews and pieces on the Serenity movie, it's really good! How could that get cancelled when I see some of the shite still being shown....