aberdeen-music

Wehey

Jim Stax

Guest bluesxman

I really enjoyed Fiction/Action, never seen them as Reasons Are Red, very good.

Lafaro were mostly pretty good, reminded me of some of Nirvana's more discordant moments at times, their sound was just way too loud though.

Paper Cut Out weren't for me at all i'm afraid, sounded like 3 guys playing different songs all at once. Very technically proficient musicianship and all that, but I prefer to have a bit of a tune or melody to hold the strange time signatures together.

project ven:hell were great again too...all in all a nice 4 pounds worth, nice one Sharon and Maxi!

Guest Mr Blastcap

aye

i dug all the bands, best was Lafaro for me. finally managed to see Fiction/Action though...superb. PVH were dead on the money, hines looks like a brute with a shaved head.

my duffel coat pockets are full of chips, i'm not sure how that happened exactly.

thanks to all who came down and gave this one a shot

paper cut out proved once again why i think they are the best band in the uk right now. absolutely fucking spectacular.

lafaro were sooooo fucking good. i didnt really notice how loud they were because i was down the front, but i imagine it could have been quite loud elsewhere.

they really enjoyed the venue and sound etc

i think most will agree that their sound was spot on.

thanks again to pvh and fiction/action for playing and to the tunnels for being very accomodating

Last night was really good, so thanks to Arkade for putting it on.

Fiction/Action: Although musically not totally to my tastes, i enjoyed them, clearly one of the most professional sounding acts in aberdeen. All fantastic musicians.

Paper Cut Out: Waaaaay better than last time i seen them, how they time their song endings is beyond me, they obviously never read the time signature rule book! Great stuff.

Lafaro: Enjoyed them immensly, just to my tastes. One of the best bands i have seen this year for sure.

Us: Disapointing, we had been playing pretty well on tour all week, but we sounded like a bag of rusty vibrators last night, great fun though.

Guest bluesxman
Us: Disapointing' date=' we had been playing pretty well on tour all week, but we sounded like a bag of rusty vibrators last night, great fun though.[/quote']

You're being hard on yourself you sounded pretty dandy to me.

I was sitting on the bench seat left of the stage during Lafaro, the bass and drums were fine it was the guitar which had a nasty edge to it that was pretty painful on the ears, probably should have moved elsewhere, my bro found the same thing.

Maybe being a little hard, but its annoying when you know you can play much, much better, like we had been doing all week!

Aye, it did seem the FOH could have been doing with a bit of EQ'ing, some of those frequencies at the top end were drilling my ears a new ear hole.

Incidently, i used to play 5 a side with your brother on a sunday....true story.

Guest bluesxman
Maybe being a little hard' date=' but its annoying when you know you can play much, much better, like we had been doing all week!

Aye, it did seem the FOH could have been doing with a bit of EQ'ing, some of those frequencies at the top end were drilling my ears a new ear hole.

Incidently, i used to play 5 a side with your brother on a sunday....true story.[/quote']

Well, small world eh? Did he used to kick your ass? My ears are still nae right....