aberdeen-music

Smoke free pubs

GraemeC

Well they must be talking shite....because a bands dressing room is neither an enclosed public space nor a private members club.

Unless invited' date=' the public will never see the inside of a bands dressing room.

Is my caravan an enclosed public space?[/quote']

A band are "a member of the public", aren't they? Therefore is an enclosed public space. The cleaners will be coming in after they're done, the law is there to protect the cleaners and anyone else that requires access (the next band for instance).

Your caravan is exempt from the law as it is a residential property.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A band are "a member of the public"' date=' aren't they? Therefore is an enclosed public space. The cleaners will be coming in after they're done, the law is there to protect the cleaners and anyone else that requires access (the next band for instance).

Your caravan is exempt from the law as it is a residential property.[/quote']

Even I find that a little extreme.....

Even I find that a little extreme.....

We'll you're not going to like this next item at all then...

The Scottish Executive are attempting to pass legislation whereby anyone with a visiting home help or carer will be forbidden from smoking in their own home. So any smoker that survives through till old age will then be made to stop before their home help contracts a smoking related illness.

The best is about smoking in your own car' date=' that could be axed under the ban.

Which is great, as idiots trying to light up whilst driving are up there with mobile phone drivers as the most dangerous fuckers on the road....[/quote']

It should be too, in my opinion. Getting smoke in your eye could be tragic while driving.

I'm a non-smoker and I do slightly oppose to the ban for the fact that I've got to listen to 85% of my friends complaining that they need a fag, then popping outside and leaving me all alone.

But also for the slightly pathetic reason that smaller dingy pubs lose so much atmosphere because there isn't the usual cloud of smoke.

And its not going to stop people smoking.

We'll you're not going to like this next item at all then...

The Scottish Executive are attempting to pass legislation whereby anyone with a visiting home help or carer will be forbidden from smoking in their own home. So any smoker that survives through till old age will then be made to stop before their home help contracts a smoking related illness.

My wife is a resident warden in a sheltered housing complex, I believe the furthest they could go on the above would be to prevent residents smoking in the common room....thats going to cause some heated debate.

My wife is a resident warden in a sheltered housing complex' date=' I believe the furthest they could go on the above would be to prevent residents smoking in the common room....thats going to cause some heated debate.[/quote']

No, she'll be fine. Included in the exemptions are:

Residential Accomodation ie private homes

Designated Rooms in adult care homes

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Well I'm an addict' date=' I'm happy, and I don't want to quit.

I love the smoking ban because.....

I work in a bookies where we don't get any breaks during a shift but they have had to introduce them so we can nip out for a fag - Hurrah

I also think it will stop me chainsmoking in the pub because I will only have a fag when I need one instead of whenever I'm offered one - Hurrah less coughing on a Saturday Morning!

I am also looking forward to the sociable aspect of being an outcast - think of all the fellow smokers I'll meet outside pub, which I never would of met otherwise.

I am indeed looking forward to the ban - Hurrah![/quote']

Haha, you're right, that's pretty much how I see it. Smoking less means saving more money, so more money for noise.

Why are non-smokers getting so worked up about this anyway? You've got what you wanted, enjoy it.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I wouldnt use the phrase "worked up" gloating possibly...!

Haha, fair enough, if I was a non-smoker I'd be a smug git about it!

On a side note, your wife works in residential care? I do too, and it seems that residents will still be allowed to smoke as it's their home, but staff can't as it's not theirs. I'm lost. It's not an enclosed public space, as anybody can't just walk in. I thought (well, hoped to fuck) we'd be one of the exemptions, but it doesn't look like it. How can you enforce it? I'm on shift myself at weekends, so who'd know if I'd had a fly smoke?

I'm not losing sleep over the ban, but it seems unworkable.

The best is about smoking in your own car' date=' that could be axed under the ban.

Which is great, as idiots trying to light up whilst driving are up there with mobile phone drivers as the most dangerous fuckers on the road....[/quote']

but how much idiots crash their car while fiddling with stereo as opposed to smoking

Drinking alcohol in excess may well be harmful to the body but someone choosing to drink doesn't cause an ill effect on those around them' date=' unlike someone choosing to smoke, how hard can that be to grasp.[/quote']

unless you get hasseled by some binge drinker or beaten up then it affects your health

For all those that have never smoked' date=' you really should try it. It's quite nice. Especially with a cup of coffee.[/quote']

There truly are few greater pleasures in life than a coffee and a cigarette. You can't take that away from me you Tobacco Fascists...unless they completely ban smoking and coffee, in which case you could.

There truly are few greater pleasures in life than a coffee and a cigarette. You can't take that away from me you Tobacco Fascists...unless they completely ban smoking and coffee' date=' in which case you could.[/quote']

really?

Jeez, I am glad I've got a more interesting life than thinking that a fag and a coffee are "the pinical of pleasure"...

my list of "great pleasures" would have to have

sex,

snowboarding on a clear day (!)

creating art

breathing clean air (ho ho)

at the top end of my list.

really?

Jeez' date=' I am glad I've got a more interesting life than thinking that a fag and a coffee are "the pinical of pleasure"...

my list of "great pleasures" would have to have

sex,

snowboarding on a clear day (!)

creating art

breathing clean air (ho ho)

at the top end of my list.[/quote']

I think Costa might object to you having sex and snowboarding (at the same time or seperately) on their premises.