aberdeen-music

taking back sunday stole saves the day's songs

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

so basically, 'stay what you are' rules. all the taking back sunday songs i've heard...not that bad, just badly produced and monotonous. some good ideas alright, but that's cos they are saves the day's ideas.

so basically' date=' 'stay what you are' rules. all the taking back sunday songs i've heard...not that bad, just badly produced and monotonous. some good ideas alright, but that's cos they are saves the day's ideas.[/quote']

what fucking crap you speak...AGAIN!

what would joe queer say to you listening to saves the day? hmmm? and what would he say to the way you dress? man i thought you were a groovie ghoulie PAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!

what would joe queer say to you listening to saves the day? hmmm? and what would he say to the way you dress? man i thought you were a groovie ghoulie PAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!

What does the way he dresses matter to the argument that Taking Back Sunday stole ideas from Saves the Day?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I'd be very surprised if Joe paid much attention to the history of my choice in attire. If he did, he'd probably say "Hey man, what happened to your leather jacket?" to which i'd reply "it's size L and doesn't fit me anymore"

Hey Ben, what would Dexter and Noodles say if they saw the way you dress these days?

Why are you obsessed with the notion that I'm some kind of phoney fake who turned my back on my lifestyle choices as a 16 year old...despite the fact that I still listen to a lot of music I did back then, and still wear a lot of similar clothes?

people can progress and do and i too still listen to most music ive gotten into in my life...being 27 im kinda out of the phase thing and listen to a pretty wide variety of stuff.

what gets me is the fact that you have become exactly what you very vocally detested.

The whole trad emo look is awful anyway...why dress like you're two again. Its true, look at toddler pics of people and its the same. why do you want to look like a virgin librarian.

oh and dexter and noodles would prob ask me where i got my jeans because they have moved with fashion as i have and tightened up those jeans. :D

that is all.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

The Locust, Arab on Radar, Swing Kids, The Ramones, Black Flag, The Queers, The Blood Brothers, Spazz, Suicide, The Shins, An Albatross, The Misfits, Mr. T Experience, Weezer, Ravonettes, The Unicorns, Green Day, Death From Above 1979, Screeching Weasel, Johnny Cash, Tellison, The Who, Saves The Day, The Beach Boys.

These are the bands I listen to the most at this moment of time. The ones in bold are the bands I have listened to on a regular basis for 3 or more years. I know you like to think I was obsessed with skate punk and then magically changed into an emo kid overnight, but it's plainly bullshit. Speaking of emo kid, why the fuck do you constantly bitch about me listening to 'emo' music and dressing 'emo by numbers'?

Are you fucking tripping, Ben? No offense, but do you actually read what you type, or do you just hammer the keyboard for a bit and hope that it makes sense? May I ask exactly what aspects of my dress sense could be commonly attributed to 'emo' fashion?

Ben, I don't understand why you constantly bitch at me for ditching my old taste in music and fashion. The reason is, I still listen to most of the music I did 2-3 years ago, and yes, wear similar clothes.

And don't give me bullshit about being 27 and therefore too old to succumb to 'phases'. Three years ago you were kitted from head to toe in skate gear. Overnight, you ditched the board shorts for girl's jeans, volcom Tshirts for black emo ones, and grew your wee spikes into floppy hair engineered by the good folks at toni + guy. Might I also point out, and I am doing my best not to sound like a dick here, that you left your skate punk bandmates so that you could play in an emo band (yes for the sake of argument I am categorising MMW as 'emo', of course we all know you are progressive post-hardcore influenced metalcore) so get off your fucking high horse and kindly leave me alone

The Locust' date=' Arab on Radar, [b']Swing Kids, The Ramones, Black Flag, The Queers, The Blood Brothers, Spazz, Suicide, The Shins, An Albatross, The Misfits, Mr. T Experience, Weezer, Ravonettes, The Unicorns, Green Day, Death From Above 1979, Screeching Weasel, Johnny Cash, Tellison, The Who, Saves The Day, The Beach Boys.

These are the bands I listen to the most at this moment of time. The ones in bold are the bands I have listened to on a regular basis for 3 or more years. I know you like to think I was obsessed with skate punk and then magically changed into an emo kid overnight, but it's plainly bullshit. Speaking of emo kid, why the fuck do you constantly bitch about me listening to 'emo' music and dressing 'emo by numbers'?

Are you fucking tripping, Ben? No offense, but do you actually read what you type, or do you just hammer the keyboard for a bit and hope that it makes sense? May I ask exactly what aspects of my dress sense could be commonly attributed to 'emo' fashion?

Ben, I don't understand why you constantly bitch at me for ditching my old taste in music and fashion. The reason is, I still listen to most of the music I did 2-3 years ago, and yes, wear similar clothes.

And don't give me bullshit about being 27 and therefore too old to succumb to 'phases'. Three years ago you were kitted from head to toe in skate gear. Overnight, you ditched the board shorts for girl's jeans, volcom Tshirts for black emo ones, and grew your wee spikes into floppy hair engineered by the good folks at toni + guy. Might I also point out, and I am doing my best not to sound like a dick here, that you left your skate punk bandmates so that you could play in an emo band (yes for the sake of argument I am categorising MMW as 'emo', of course we all know you are progressive post-hardcore influenced metalcore) so get off your fucking high horse and kindly leave me alone

I take your point on your music taste.

I do however think you'll find that most of the "skate punk" bands have changed their look also to not a million miles away from how i look. Its only in this country that things are 1-2 years behind so all these bands still look the same whereas in the US they have brought themselves a bit more upto date.

I left Quik because weapon was where my heart was. ive always been into metal since i was a kid and by kid i mean like 8 years old! I prefer singing my own words rather than competing with two other lyricists as was the case in Quik. Also weapon was becoming more and more serious and seemed to be the band that was going to have alot more happening...right choice huh? (no disrespect to Quik.)

I know it seems like I have a go at you unprovoked and you know what? You're right! Its just something that gets up my nose because you're so outspoken and opinionated that it needed called. Like you're an angel and dont just decide to have a go at someone whose actions annoy you a little hmmm?

taking back sunday are WAY better and saves the day went from up beat pop punk to "stay what you are" which is a bit suspect even though i love that album.

saves the day better than TBS...hahahaha...thats good...almost had me going there that you were SERIOUS!!!??!?!?!

ace REPLY....i can TAKE you TOTALLY SERIOUS!!!!1!1!!!! hahahahahahah