aberdeen-music

Go North

soundian

dont hold back mike!!!!!!!ooooooooofffffffff

GO north is unfortunately a festival that will never year on year improve. its stale and stagnant. its a shame' date=' it has the potential to do a lot for aberdeen and scotland.[/quote']

just what I said in an (un)diplomatic way........

just hope these statments shock them into some postive action, to prove us wrong

"I won't hold my breath"!!!!!!!!!

Come on Mr Betamax' date=' dont you smell a gig in the air? :up:[/quote']

Nope. Last year was a good laugh but hey, never tell the same joke twice.

Im actually looking forward to GN. Last year was fine, some good bands, some shit bands and some beers, typical festival so Im not sure why a lot of punters get so wound up about it.

Well, after the shambles last year of a selection process that wasn't transparent and the selection of bands who hadn't even entered the contest....can you blame people for not bothering to find out and enter?

It's a shame though, a lot of hard work must go into the organising of the festival, so for the whole thing to have a discredited selection policy really...sucks?

Of course, the optimist in me says that they'll have sorted it out for this year :)

Guest Dedalus

Why the fuck do we have to provide a band photo? I'm not sure we have any full band photographs at the minute, other than one or two live ones which are .jpg format and don't feature every member.

Plus we're hardly a handsome bunch!

Go North, yeah it's a 'festival' on our doorstep, but every year seems to bring many bands from southern scotland to play in aberdeen with a small sprinkling of aberdeen acts. it's a pity it's not more like tryptych, in that aberdeen bands could play in glasgow and edinburgh on the same bill as hometown bands, which along with the marketing would guarentee some kind of audience in other cities.

Guest Dedalus
I would've thought that supplying a photo would be an essential part of any press pack anyway?

You're probably right actually. I just like to keep an air of mystery and try to let the music and the artwork do the talking.

Hopefully super David Officer will 'do us' :up:

You're probably right actually. I just like to keep an air of mystery and try to let the music and the artwork do the talking.

Hopefully super David Officer will 'do us' :up:

I remember there being a photo of Dedalus on the GoNorth website last year (or was it the year before?). I don't really know what this adds to the discussion. Sorry.

By Sprinkle you mean around 70% of all the bands playing' date=' right?[/quote']

There wasn't anything like 70% of acts from Aberdeen last year. I can't even remeber who played locally apart from MMW, but there was definitely less than that.

I think it's a good thing that only a few local bands get to play, they've never specifically said "this is a music festival for bands from the north of scotland", so to make it more exclusive isn't really a bad thing.

It's not really about Aberdeen bands and never was. Its about bringing the 'music industry' north... Its good fun stuff and there is always a nice vibe that few days. I'm with Graeme on this one. Moaning is fine where justified but have constructive input if you want to change things, don't just shout from the sidelines...

J

Guest Dedalus
I remember there being a photo of Dedalus on the GoNorth website last year (or was it the year before?). I don't really know what this adds to the discussion. Sorry.

It was two years ago. And only two of those four people remain in the band.

I guess we can get one photo done. We might do a Slipknot and wear masks. But good ones.

• 2 weeks later...
lost none of your cheek then christie. back to the topic' date=' from what i remember of gonorth it was always a splendid occasion, obviously not without fault but few things in life are.[/quote']

Have to agree, once the whinging is over it's still better than any FREE festival roundabouts these parts.