aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
delaney

Important Notice:

OK I never post here usually, but a friend told me that THE REDCOATS are coming to Aberdeen on April 25th, playing Caf Drummonds.

For those of you who are unaware of this band, they are a third rate Libertines-wannabe band. But that's not the point: the singer James Redcoat is a disgusting man. The Redcoats disbanded after he was caught having an sexual affair, outside his relationship with his girlfriend, with a 13 year old girl. He also used to threaten his girlfriend with physical violence and it was reported that he beat her and also beat bandmates. The man also is a faux-poet and thinks he's a bohemian when he's really just a talentless loser with a receding hair line. Furthermore, he tried to promote his band on the BNP's website. Being the naive fool he is, he didn't realise the BNP were a xenophobic, racist party, and his romantic views of Britain (borrowed heavily from a certain Mr Doherty), he thought, co-incided with theirs.

Please please please let's give this man a proper Aberdonian welcome and let him know there's no room for paedophilic, woman beating, racist knobs up here. He's a complete dick. I shall be at the gig, along with as many friends as I can get to come to boo the guy off stage. He disgusts me.

surely the most effective way to show him he's not wanted is to not go to the gig?

Oh and instead of simply slandering the guy online, can you post links to any evidence that he's done what you say he's done?

People will still go. And I'd love so much to boo him off stage. You have no idea how much I hate him. And anyway, boycotting gigs never works. People will always turn up.

Guest bluesxman

Surely this thread could be seen as incitement to violence and should be closed? o_O

Guest bluesxman
I'm not saying we bottle the cunt. Just boo or ignore or whatever. He;'s not getting a warm reception though.

You're not saying it directly but you are highlighting his wrong-doings and you get people who decide to take the law into their own hands......

Is there any reliable news pieces on him?

Not that you are a liar just would like to see this from a neutral point of view.

Although if it's all completely true then good on you. That's if you do it non violently of course.

I'm not saying we bottle the cunt. Just boo or ignore or whatever. He;'s not getting a warm reception though.

Why did you say this then ?"The man's getting bottled and boo-ed off stage as far as I'm concerned."

any band called 'the redcoats' must be bad....are they from butlins? Or just all dress in doherty style coats.

Even so - there is NO need to incite bottling etc at drummonds...even if he is a racist wife beating bioted arse.

They seem like a bunch of Hanoverian baw bags to me with a name that promotes British imperialism and repression. Therefore I would highly commend any guerilla warfare upon them.

Guest bluesxman

Would any sane person go to see a '3rd rate Libertines' anyways? That's just below Babyshambles.

Would any sane person go to see a '3rd rate Libertines' anyways? That's just below Babyshambles.

One would hope not but then you just have to walk down Onion Strasse and see that Aberdeen has some rather stoopid types that don't mind paying money or bolstering the rep of shite people. There are a few stories of a local musician or two that could be told... But I doubt any damage would get done. But I can dream