aberdeen-music

Nickel Creek at The Lemon Tree

Guest DustyDeviada

Guest DustyDeviada

Anybody else there?

Just an awesome, awesome gig. I genuinely felt privileged to be only a couple of feet away from one of the greatest acts on the planet.

They were hanging around the bar afterwards as well, so I got them to sign my CD and made a point of asking them to come back to Aberdeen. It's not often we get acts of this quality, well done Lemon Tree.

Anybody else there?

Just an awesome' date=' awesome gig. I genuinely felt privileged to be only a couple of feet away from one of the greatest acts on the planet.

They were hanging around the bar afterwards as well, so I got them to sign my CD and made a point of asking them to come back to Aberdeen. It's not often we get acts of this quality, well done Lemon Tree.[/quote']

Yup I was there with a few mates and they were fantastic. Brilliant musicianship, fantastic harmonies, tight as f*** and lots of fun. One of the best things for me was their choice and treatment of the covers which were diverse and done in their own way. Toxic by Britney, Short People and Radiohead with fiddle and mandolin...superb.

The bass player doing his tap dancing spot is definatley worth a mention.

I got tickets from my wife for a birthday present - although I'd never heard the band, I knew that Chris Thile was an awesome mandolin player. As I play the mandolin myself, I went along prepared to be gobsmacked, and I wasn't disappointed - absolutely stunning musicianship - not just from Chris Thile, but from all the band.

Completely different atmosphere in the lemon tree too - no support, seated, no smoking - just a great concert.

The covers they did were very good - again, proving the maxim that a good song is a good song, regardless of the style it is played in.

I'd go and see Nickel Creek again definately - but first, it's time to get practising on the old poofbat.

Flossie

• 6 months later...
Guest DustyDeviada

Yeah, I've seen them twice actually, they were even better in Edinburgh a couple of years before, although being in the front row at the Lemon Tree was ace.

And if we're looking on the bright side of things I gues my signed CD will be worth more now!

Chris Thile to play Glasgow in November though.

Yeah' date=' I've seen them twice actually, they were even better in Edinburgh a couple of years before, although being in the front row at the Lemon Tree was ace.

And if we're looking on the bright side of things I gues my signed CD will be worth more now!

Chris Thile to play Glasgow in November though.[/quote']

Lucky barsteward

November is out for me...I can only afford one gig in Weegieland and I've got my tickets for Fishbone at Tuts on the 15th. Skankin 8)