aberdeen-music

WORST BAND 2006 - have your say at the FUDGE AWARDS! :)

The Ghost Of Fudge

You can't threaten everyone who doesnt like your music. Here's a quote from a review of the charity gig Hog did that I was given by someone who was there' date=' I would link in but it's a Friends only Live Journal entry:

"Weaping Jesus, up next, were The Worst Band I have EVER Seen. I know metal isn't my thing, but I can appreciate good musicianship of any genre just about. I've even liked some country & western! So when I say the Worst Band I have EVER Seen, I mean it. If you've heard the Death vocals on Opeth's latest offering, think that but then give the guy a sore throat from hell, remove any singing ability and replace it by a LOT of volume. Because if it's loud enough, you're too busy protecting your eardrums to think about how crap it sounds. (Those who haven't heard Opeth, think the guy in the Prodigy, do the stuff I said before and magnify the bad around ten times). [b']Add to that a band that don't seem to know any chords and increase the volume of that until it hurts your ears. Jesus did, in fact, weep. That's where the name came from."

Now bearing in mind that review came from a female, do you want to hit her too ? The fact that she isnt into that kind of music is obviously an influence but you can't dictate what people think of you. Obviously that review is a tad simplistic but I'd hope you would accept sometimes its not some proples cup of tea.

No-one would have a problem with you hitting Cloud because its fun, hell everyone should do it once, but he is only little and hitting him because he doesnt like your stuff and says so seems a tad silly.Maybe the way to solve it is to manufacture Cloud shaped punchbags, though you'd have to bend down to hit them.

Cheers

Stuart

Shit guys I think we've been found out....:laughing:

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron in WJ now shares the vocal duties, just to confuse things even more. The way I tell them apart is that they are in fact different bands, with different people in them, and different tunes. The only thing they have in common is some ginger hair.

Easy! WJ have the ginger guitarist' date=' S.o.M have the ginger SINGER!

hope thats cleared a few heads.

also how do you get on the fudge awards? do you have to play fudge gigs of just be well known?

i do like WJ. BUT i do miss dick.

(cloudes a cock:up: )[/quote']

also how do you get on the fudge awards? do you have to play fudge gigs of just be well known?
Filthpact never played a fudge gig. and I wouldn't say we were very popular in Aberdeen. so, emmm, no. I have no clue how we ended up on there, I think it's probably because we're the sexiest band in Aberdeen.

On a side note' date=' you repeatedly breach the rules regarding personal abuse yet one of the mods says I'm the one acting like a kid. Fucking hell, the devil or the deep blue sea?[/quote']

Ben has been warned about his conduct on here (probably more than most).

So you are not the only one getting a slapped wirst for being a naughty boy.

:up:

jesus' date=' will both of you just shut up.

SPD dont like MMW and vice versa. Now stop this bloody abbreviation battle and just stick to your own things.[/quote']

Ok Dave, I will do that because you say so. Or perhaps I won't. In my eyes this has nothing to do with SPD (can't remember EVER attacking the band or it's music) - to put it nicely, I merely 'disagree' with Jake.

My opinion is rubbish to you simply because it's a negative one about your band' date=' that is all.[/quote']

Not really - your opinion is rubbish to me because you hark on about anti-corporations/industry with your nike t-shirt on, tesco bag full of shopping in hand, before going home to your metallica vinyl. :up:

Cool' date=' deal with it however you like, but if I was in the "industry" and read some of the stuff you post on here, I wouldn't touch you with a bargepole. If you genuinely are going places (debatable) a bit of maturity is in order. And before you whine "hypocrite!" at me, we're not the ones chasing the dream.

Moral high ground? No, just common sense without the infantile personal abuse. [/quote']

I will decide when to be mature thank you. As opposed to listening to someone who avoids "infantile personal abuse" whilst *hilariously* calling Ben 'Rinky' - a poor attempt at an insult - in every post directed towards him. You're not a hypocrite at all Jake...

And if chasing the dream is being in a band and having fun with your mates, then yes I'm guilty of that. I'm sure you're having fun with Scroge though... he sounds in every way awesome like.

Guest bluesxman
I noticed that this thread is 11 pages long and has seemed to have turned into the usual Aberdeen Music bitch fest' date=' is it worth reading the whole way through or is it not that funny?[/quote']

If you've ever read any of the previous My Mind's Weapon vs. Spike Pile Driver spats probably not, pretty much the same as usual!

I think' date=' in order to raise money to treat Scorge, there should be a wee booth with 2 a punch at the most punchable nominees. [/quote']

The only people who need sectioned are the silly twats who are prepared to pay 8 to watch Mind My Weapon and find themselves surrounded by the wet knicker brigade on Saturday night.

00000115.gif

I'll be there on saturday... and I'll watch Weapon when they play... does this mean I'm in the moist brigade? Goody gum drops.

oh totally...if you even clap it must mean that you want to sleep with us all...cos we are in a fashionable style of music band...and the haircuts...dont forget the haircuts.

If I go I'm gonna wear wet pants on my head moulded into a hip hairdo because I'm bald and want to be a cool scenester. I may not be going hoever due the possibility of having my heart ripped out of my chest watching some one else picking up 'Best Venue' award... How will all the ego's fit in one venue? ;):love:

The only people who need sectioned are the silly twats who are prepared to pay 8 to watch Mind My Weapon and find themselves surrounded by the wet knicker brigade on Saturday night.

fickle public are worth 8 alone! album of the month in rocksound! they'll show you how heavy music can be while retaining HUGE tunes.

... and you get a silvered podium made of cardboard boxes and tin foil :D !

The only people who need sectioned are the silly twats who are prepared to pay £8 to watch Mind My Weapon and find themselves surrounded by the wet knicker brigade on Saturday night.

Exactly! why spend £8 on having a good night' date=' when you can spend £500 on 10 pints of guiness, half the stock of the little belmont hut, and some drum triggers that will never get used properly. :up:

For anyone who actually cares and doesn't own a Pile Spikedriver (see what I did there...) translatory dictionary:

[b']Rinky = Ben, singer in Mind My Weapon (derived from 'rinky dink pop band')

Mind My Weapon = Extremely funny and clever play on words of Aberdeen-based rock band My Mind's Weapon

Wet Knicker Brigade = derogatory term for people who attend rock concerts, often known as an 'audience' or a 'crowd'

you must come to the critical attention of fudge :D . the best way to do this is to play a fudgenight' date=' clearly. or get a track on a fudge cd. etc. etc. etc.

if we think you have something to offer, POW, onto a voting slip you go.[/quote']

Thoroughly enjoyed our last Fudge gig on Saturday. People were jumping up and down and showing interest which was unusual and made me feel funny down below.

Exactly! why spend 8 on having a good night' date=' when you can spend 500 on 10 pints of guiness, half the stock of the little belmont hut, and some drum triggers that will never get used properly. :up:

For anyone who actually cares and doesn't own a Pile Spikedriver (see what I did there...) translatory dictionary:

[b']Rinky = Ben, singer in Mind My Weapon

Mind My Weapon = Extremely funny and clever play on words of Aberdeen-based rock band My Mind's Weapon

Wet Knicker Brigade = derogatory term for people who attend rock concerts, often known as an 'audience' or a 'crowd'

tee hee....

Thoroughly enjoyed our last Fudge gig on Saturday. People were jumping up and down and showing interest which was unusual and made me feel funny down below.

Are you saying you *gasp* liked to see people enjoying your band? I'm not sure how Jake can stand to be in a band with you.