aberdeen-music

WORST BAND 2006 - have your say at the FUDGE AWARDS! :)

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest Jake Wifebeater
you're out of shape' date=' you're ugly, you have a disgusting personality...you must be a virgin...right?[/quote']

This just gets better. I hope no-one from Rapturefest reads it.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you want some constructive feedback on your band' date=' I'd be happy to give my personal interpretation without being insulting.[/quote']Weeping Jesus : Christ almighty, what happened? A previously allright local band have turned into the worst band i've ever seen in Aberdeen. Vocals consisted of well...a load of garbage, and the guitars and bass formed a muddy mess of well..nothing. The only highlight was that the drumming wasn't that bad, but the rest? please, for the love of god, go away and never darken a gig again. Truly the worst band I've ever had the pleasure of seeing in Aberdeen.

They're absolutely fucking rubbish, I watched them and thought "what in the hell...this is totally rubbish" - I mean, no fucking melody at all, absolutely fuck all vocal variation and an image that looked out of some spoof parody band.

Gah, just no, they were fucking dire. I've been force fed grind before and it sounded way better than that load of rubbish, about the only variation in the whole set came from the drummer.

If I had my way, they would've been rounded up round the back and shot, but...

Their sound, to me, was a complete fucking mess..

it's like..hmm, what's a good example, i'm not overly keen on we shall be blessed's style of music, but i can appreciate them for being good at it, but weeping jesus just seemed like an awful band full stop.

yeah.......that will be all.

I wish I could understand why people go so angry over this site' date=' it just doesn't make any sense at all....but at the end of the day, it's fucking funny to wind up people who believe that they're in some way superior to everyone else ;)[/quote']

aye, right enough - you do it for a joke. either that or you're just saying it cos you come across on the internet like a complete cuntpiece

/x

Weeping Jesus : Christ almighty' date=' what happened? A previously allright local band have turned into the worst band i've ever seen in Aberdeen. Vocals consisted of well...a load of garbage, and the guitars and bass formed a muddy mess of well..nothing. The only highlight was that the drumming wasn't that bad, but the rest? please, for the love of god, go away and never darken a gig again. Truly the worst band I've ever had the pleasure of seeing in Aberdeen.

They're absolutely fucking rubbish, I watched them and thought "what in the hell...this is totally rubbish" - I mean, no fucking melody at all, absolutely fuck all vocal variation and an image that looked out of some spoof parody band.

Gah, just no, they were fucking dire. I've been force fed grind before and it sounded way better than that load of rubbish, about the only variation in the whole set came from the drummer.

If I had my way, they would've been rounded up round the back and shot, but...

Their sound, to me, was a complete fucking mess..

it's like..hmm, what's a good example, i'm not overly keen on we shall be blessed's style of music, but i can appreciate them for being good at it, but weeping jesus just seemed like an awful band full stop.

yeah.......that will be all.[/quote']

Haha, thanks for reminding me bout that dave.

Now i remember why i promised myself if i ever saw cloud again i would hit him as hard as i can.... one day.

On a side note' date=' you repeatedly breach the rules regarding personal abuse yet one of the mods says I'm the one acting like a kid. [/quote']

o_O But Jake, you DO act like a kid...and a very simple one at that. You start shit and have petty digs ALL the time. You're as bad as everyone else - possibly worse - because unlike other people you don't even realise you are being a bell-end.

[if any of this thread is "inappropriate conduct" then why have this smiley available: :popcorn: ?]

fine weeping jesus have to be the biggest pile of shite i have ever heard in my life' date=' complete noise, nothing there that would make me think that the band had even learned how to play their instruments. Bring it on :)[/quote']

You can't threaten everyone who doesnt like your music. Here's a quote from a review of the charity gig Hog did that I was given by someone who was there, I would link in but it's a Friends only Live Journal entry:

"Weaping Jesus, up next, were The Worst Band I have EVER Seen. I know metal isn't my thing, but I can appreciate good musicianship of any genre just about. I've even liked some country & western! So when I say the Worst Band I have EVER Seen, I mean it. If you've heard the Death vocals on Opeth's latest offering, think that but then give the guy a sore throat from hell, remove any singing ability and replace it by a LOT of volume. Because if it's loud enough, you're too busy protecting your eardrums to think about how crap it sounds. (Those who haven't heard Opeth, think the guy in the Prodigy, do the stuff I said before and magnify the bad around ten times). Add to that a band that don't seem to know any chords and increase the volume of that until it hurts your ears. Jesus did, in fact, weep. That's where the name came from."

Now bearing in mind that review came from a female, do you want to hit her too ? The fact that she isnt into that kind of music is obviously an influence but you can't dictate what people think of you. Obviously that review is a tad simplistic but I'd hope you would accept sometimes its not some proples cup of tea.

No-one would have a problem with you hitting Cloud because its fun, hell everyone should do it once, but he is only little and hitting him because he doesnt like your stuff and says so seems a tad silly.Maybe the way to solve it is to manufacture Cloud shaped punchbags, though you'd have to bend down to hit them.

Cheers

Stuart

You can't threaten everyone who doesnt like your music. Here's a quote from a review of the charity gig Hog did that I was given by someone who was there' date=' I would link in but it's a Friends only Live Journal entry:

"Weaping Jesus, up next, were The Worst Band I have EVER Seen. I know metal isn't my thing, but I can appreciate good musicianship of any genre just about. I've even liked some country & western! So when I say the Worst Band I have EVER Seen, I mean it. If you've heard the Death vocals on Opeth's latest offering, think that but then give the guy a sore throat from hell, remove any singing ability and replace it by a LOT of volume. Because if it's loud enough, you're too busy protecting your eardrums to think about how crap it sounds. (Those who haven't heard Opeth, think the guy in the Prodigy, do the stuff I said before and magnify the bad around ten times). Add to that a band that don't seem to know any chords and increase the volume of that until it hurts your ears. Jesus did, in fact, weep. That's where the name came from."

Now bearing in mind that review came from a female, do you want to hit her too ? The fact that she isnt into that kind of music is obviously an influence but you can't dictate what people think of you. Obviously that review is a tad simplistic but I'd hope you would accept sometimes its not some proples cup of tea.

No-one would have a problem with you hitting Cloud because its fun, hell everyone should do it once, but he is only little and hitting him because he doesnt like your stuff and says so seems a tad silly.Maybe the way to solve it is to manufacture Cloud shaped punchbags, though you'd have to bend down to hit them.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

its hard to be anyones cup of tea when you are gash :)

Hahahahaha, how much is everyone on this thread being paid by Brian and Craig for promoting the fudge awards :p Fuck the posters, its all about the 'Gangs Of New York' style skirmishes.

Priceless.

I really wanna see all the folks sitting/standing and muttering away, staring daggers at each other at the fudgies, what a hoot. Thing is most of the moaners/complainers won't even go 'cause they don't care about it (apparently).

:popcorn:

i dont think i want to hit Cloud cos of what he says about bands. ive had worse stuff said about bands ive been in. I just want to hit hiom `cos hes a complete and utter twat.

and as for saying "hey, dont start on me cos im small" well, the dude from Weeping jesus is probably smaller than you.

Is there anybody that doesn't want to hit cloud???????????????

love thurisaz, not Bobby.

Guest five years

thank you very much to everyone. your combined efforts have indeed led to me contracting aids from reading this thread.

please someone close it...but leave it 'poll-able' if possible...

Im dont want to hit cloud because he dosnt like my band. I have disliked the guy for a long time and there are planty things he has said that were neither construcive or tounge in cheek, they were desiged to get a reaction, and he will get one.

I dont care if people dont like my band, that is the truth and if any of u knew me u would know that. If i wanted to be in a band that everyone liked i would wright music for the majority. but i dont. i am wrighting music that i love and am doing it for fun, not to be well like by eveyone.

Jester, i dunno who the person was who wrote that 'review' but its a bit of a joke. To say we have no musicianship is just plain wrong, im no victor wooten, but im a good bassist, and can compose/play for every genre of music i have come accross, i would say the same for the drummer of weeping jesus as well.

If u dont like my band and can give a reason then cool, plenty of people do.

cloud, have u seen me? i bet im smaller than u.