aberdeen-music

WORST BAND 2006 - have your say at the FUDGE AWARDS! :)

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest Jake Wifebeater
o_O But Jake' date=' you DO act like a kid...and a very simple one at that. You start shit and have petty digs ALL the time. You're as bad as everyone else - possibly worse - because unlike other people you don't even realise you are being a bell-end.[/quote']

Not the case at all. All I do is give honest opinions. Deal with it, as opposed to hurling personal insults. You're damaging your own band more than anyone else could ever do, believe me. I can't stand your music, tatties end of story. Nothing personal.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jester' date=' i dunno who the person was who wrote that 'review' but its a bit of a joke. To say we have no musicianship is just plain wrong, im no victor wooten, but im a good bassist, and can compose/play for every genre of music i have come accross, i would say the same for the drummer of weeping jesus as well.

If u dont like my band and can give a reason then cool, plenty of people do.

cloud, have u seen me? i bet im smaller than u.[/quote']

Surely the point is though because of the type of music you play, and the way it's mixed etc, that to the lay person, it really does just seem like noise. I've seen Weeping Jesus, and tbh I can't tell if you're the most talented band in the world or really terrible because to me it just sounds like noisy feedback with growls. If you're into that style of music you can tell its good but if you're not then it wont appeal and wont sound good. I, personally dont like what you do, but wouldnt call you bad because the chances are I wont like anything in that genre, Hog's a very good friend and I've said to him many times I dont really like his band.

I bet there's pop songs you've said are crap and have went on to sell millions, the chances are they're actually not crap, just not your thing - they're probably good within their genre. To me, I like very clean music, minimum feedback, good, clear vocals and that's why I dont like your stuff but like anything it's a personal opinion.

As for Cloud saying stuff to get a reaction, I dont think he does as much as people think, Cloud is coming at it from a different angle from most folks, he's looking at music as a business, he's frequently looking at maximising the money output. I actually find myself frequently agreeing with the gist of much of what he says, just not the way he says it.

Cheers

Stuart

Not the case at all. All I do is give honest opinions. Deal with it' date=' as opposed to hurling personal insults. You're damaging your own band more than anyone else could ever do, believe me. I can't stand your music, tatties end of story. Nothing personal.[/quote']

Wait a minute... who said that?... I can't even see him...

Oh it's just jake, all the way up there on his moral high ground. Do I look like an ant from up there?

Your 'honest opinions' are rubbish, and I'll deal with them however I like, thank you very much.

As for Cloud saying stuff to get a reaction' date=' I dont think he does as much as people think, Cloud is coming at it from a different angle from most folks, he's looking at music as a business, he's frequently looking at maximising the money output. I actually find myself frequently agreeing with the gist of much of what he says, just not the way he says it.[/quote']

His business sense is on par with his musical intelligence. Take that how you will.

Personally I think the angle he is coming from is that he starts typing without bothering to engage his brain. Sometimes he even contradicts his own post half way through. Bring the old Cloud back.

Surely the point is though because of the type of music you play' date=' and the way it's mixed etc, that to the lay person, it really does just seem like noise. I've seen Weeping Jesus, and tbh I can't tell if you're the most talented band in the world or really terrible because to me it just sounds like noisy feedback with growls. If you're into that style of music you can tell its good but if you're not then it wont appeal and wont sound good. I, personally dont like what you do, but wouldnt call you bad because the chances are I wont like anything in that genre, Hog's a very good friend and I've said to him many times I dont really like his band.

I bet there's pop songs you've said are crap and have went on to sell millions, the chances are they're actually not crap, just not your thing - they're probably good within their genre. To me, I like very clean music, minimum feedback, good, clear vocals and that's why I dont like your stuff but like anything it's a personal opinion.

As for Cloud saying stuff to get a reaction, I dont think he does as much as people think, Cloud is coming at it from a different angle from most folks, he's looking at music as a business, he's frequently looking at maximising the money output. I actually find myself frequently agreeing with the gist of much of what he says, just not the way he says it.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

theres a difference between saying "I dont like this band, it sounds like noise and feedback to me, i cant make anything out, mind you, i dont listent o this type of stuff" and "this band are the worst thing to ever happen to music, they should never ever darken a gig again and if it were down to me they'd be round up round the back and shot"

Your 'honest opinions' are rubbish

Yes, because we think you're shite, and you and Bent still can't handle that - this is despite the fact you're both significantly older and supposedly wiser than me! There's plenty of people who think you're rubbish, believe me, though most of them won't bother speaking out amongst all the middle class whinge muppets on this board, probably because they can't be arsed having members of the band calling them 'mentally ill' on the internet. I've still yet to hear any of your shite to my face, when I do, I might take it seriously (or I might take you to ARI, if I've had a bad day *joke*).

The best bit is that Jake is right about you being the architecht (no pun intended) of your own downfall, Jamesy appears to have learned his lesson (probably due to the fact he's now a promoter and can't afford to act like an arse anymore), you haven't. The only persons with mental delusions in this thread are you and Rinky, as far as I can see, acting the twat is only making you look very stupid. So, please (unless this gets locked), keep enlightening us.........

A brief summary:

A) There are genuinely shit bands, that have no talent or need to practice a lot more before the general public are exposed to their efforts.

B) There are bands certain people don't like because rightly or wrongly they perceive them to contain wankers.

C) There are certain genres of music that people don't like.

D) There exist bands who are all of the above.

Personally I look at the list of nominess, and vote D), and in the absence of that vote A), and in the absence of that vote B), and so forth until I am left with no alternative but to vote C).

Strangely enough there does not exist E) a band that everyone likes (or will admit to liking). Funny that!

I find it funny when some one posts on here that 'they don't care if someone doesn't like their band...' The fact that they have taken time to write this seems to be a little 'he doth protest too much' sort of attitude... Try taking yourselves a little less seriously, you may find you enjoy the banter and will apperar a little less childish. Gives me the giggles though so I truly don't mind either way :)

As for Cloud saying stuff to get a reaction' date=' I dont think he does as much as people think, Cloud is coming at it from a different angle from most folks, he's looking at music as a business, he's frequently looking at maximising the money output.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

but what has he done? i have not seen him using his "business" angle to do anything productive other than being an idiot on the internet

where are the shows he has done outwith gfn (which is essentially kirk)? where are the tours he has booked? where are the venues he has ran? where are the fanzine reviews and articles? where are the releases he has done? where are the hoards of local bands queing up to work with him?

absolutely nowhere. and that is why his opinion is null and void.

most people dislike him because he acts like he is in the know

i know heaps of people who run music venues/promote/book tours/run labels as a business and i would probably say that only a few are worth punching

so your whole "we dont get it" nonsense is futile

Yes' date=' because we think you're shite, and you and Bent still can't handle that - this is despite the fact you're both significantly older and supposedly wiser than me![/quote']

o_O you're right for once wayne, I pray to god every night that you will one day like my band. Age has nothing to do with it anyway... Jake must be ten years my senior and he is about as wise as something so unwise it probably hasn't been invented yet.

There's plenty of people who think you're rubbish' date=' believe me, though most of them won't bother speaking out amongst all the middle class whinge muppets on this board, probably because they can't be arsed having members of the band calling them 'mentally ill' on the internet.[/quote']

I'm sure there are many people who think we're rubbish. It's the same for any band. And if all "these people you know" are into the same music as you, then thank god they think we're rubbish. However, as long as the people who enjoy the music turn up to gigs, then it's all good in my opinion.

I've still yet to hear any of your shite to my face' date=' when I do, I might take it seriously (or I might take you to ARI, if I've had a bad day *joke*). ![/quote']

That's funny. I don't seem to recall all those times you have said any of your shite to MY face...?

The best bit is that Jake is right about you being the architecht (no pun intended) of your own downfall' date='[/quote']

Hmmm... and what downfall is this; that your 2 mates don't like my band? I highly doubt any comments made on aberdeen-music.com will significantly effect how many people turn up to a gig I play in Cardiff anyway. Unless your idea of a downfall is half of spikepiledriver refusing to listen to our songs... Oh no, I'm doomed for eternal failure. :rolleyes:

Jamesy appears to have learned his lesson (probably due to the fact he's now a promoter and can't afford to act like an arse anymore)' date=' you haven't. The only persons with mental delusions in this thread are you and Rinky, as far as I can see, acting the twat is only making you look very stupid. [/quote']

And what lesson is this? I have no lessons to learn, unless you're meaning 'being a cock on the internet' is a lesson... Which I will continue to do, until anything serious happens (like you 'taking me to ARI' for example, HAHAHAHAHA!!! :laughing:)

I'd have said "very stupid" was actually being a muppet in real life and making your only friends (i.e your ex-mates in Ascension) hate you. Sound familiar?

Sounds like you should be taking your own advice, wayne.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Your 'honest opinions' are rubbish' date=' and I'll deal with them however I like, thank you very much.[/quote']

My opinion is rubbish to you simply because it's a negative one about your band, that is all.

Cool, deal with it however you like, but if I was in the "industry" and read some of the stuff you post on here, I wouldn't touch you with a bargepole. If you genuinely are going places (debatable) a bit of maturity is in order. And before you whine "hypocrite!" at me, we're not the ones chasing the dream.

Moral high ground? No, just common sense without the infantile personal abuse.

I hide in the corner at the moorings if you come in?!?! Are you sure you have the right guy' date=' seeing as I hardly get the chance to go to the Moorings these days? I was in there about four weeks ago for the first time in ages.

I don't even know what you guys look like :| I couldn't (and this isn't meant as an insult) [b']tell the difference between Weeping Jesus and Statue of Misery if I tried. How exactly am I supposed to tell you that your band sucks if I don't even know what you look like?

What's the point in all this pointless macho aggression over a difference in taste and opinion anyway?

Christ, surely there's better things to punch people over than a difference of opinion :\

Easy! WJ have the ginger guitarist, S.o.M have the ginger SINGER!

hope thats cleared a few heads.

also how do you get on the fudge awards? do you have to play fudge gigs of just be well known?

i do like WJ. BUT i do miss dick.

(cloudes a cock:up: )