aberdeen-music

I saw Sunn last night....

medichi

Fuck me, they were AWFUL! Seriously, whats the point? The entertainment of the loudest bass I've ever heard/felt lasted about ten minutes, followed by amusement at peeps trying to headbang to 2bpm music, but then it was sooooooo boooooring. Completely pointless. Looking forward to SOIA now - TINY venue.....

Guest Phantomsmasher

Sunn were amazing in Glasgow, complete physical and mental experiance, there's a lot of tonal experimentation going on during their sets along with the loud volume, robes and dry ice. The fact that they had one of the vocalist from 'Black One' up on stage made it all the better :love:.

But then, a lot of people seem to find them boring, which is fair enough, it's obviously not for everyone.

Although the people trying to headbang along was funny as hell...

Guest Phantomsmasher

Earth were very good as well, far less volume and more people talking through their set, but still very enjoyable. Their track on the Sunn/Earth split is great, a drone based country soundscape.

• 1 month later...
we were just walking down the street earlier on in brussels and happened to see that SUNN were playing in the venue next to us' date=' with BORIS supporting.

suffice to say we went in,

fuck me, what an experience. really enjoyed it, but playing for an hour and a half was a bit much for me. got some cracking photos[/quote']

Boris supporting!? You lucky, lucky bastards!

Here's hoping those wee jap nutters head back to the UK soon. Missed them last time. Any good live?

Guest Donald
we were just walking down the street earlier on in brussels and happened to see that SUNN were playing in the venue next to us' date=' with BORIS supporting.

suffice to say we went in,

fuck me, what an experience. really enjoyed it, but playing for an hour and a half was a bit much for me. got some cracking photos[/quote']

And obviously you booked them for the Tunnels later this year?

nice' date=' what a happy coincidence that musta been![/quote']

total coincidence...one of those 'hmm i wonder if there's any good music venues round here...' and then lo and behold a few steps down the road...

i wasnt that into Boris to be honest...and i managed about an hour of Sunn before i felt like my chest was gonna explode! was an experience tho..

i thought boris were 50/50

half of their set was slower, sludgey stuff which was really good, whereas the other half was fast and more song based, and it was shite. they actually sounded like a pishy local band you would see at kef when doign those bits, *shocking* singing, crap bass/guitar sound. slow, slow was huge, the amps were blatantly set up for slow, driving, crushing riffs, and when they went fast the dynamics dissapeared completely

www.dominofestival.be

mogwai, 65days, wolf eyes, grails all on one bill, fucking hell

Acid Mother's Temple? Played in Aberdeen? When? I have an annoying habit of missing when my favourite bands play up here :(

6th June last year.

If it's any consolation' date=' it was a fucking cracking gig!

Here's the thread about it - [url']http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23840&highlight=acid+mothers+temple

how on earth did you miss it if they're a favourite band of yours???????????