aberdeen-music

Valentines Day

sludge

I don't have any views on it one way or the other' date=' but I have to say rainbow princesses "happy hallmark day" really made me grin, best slice of cynicism i've read yet on the whole issue ever.

Her posts always make me laugh, she's cool so I'm surprised she's spending tonight with a Chinese takeaway.[/quote']

somebody's pulled.

Guest MerryChristmas
you heartless beast

I caved in

I went to morrisons and bought her an unusual present and the cheapes(1.99) valentines day card there was

shes getting the individual spud and card tomorrow then she is cooking me dinner(although the dinner bit might be done together shes paying):up:

My present to the wife was, not slapping her about for the whole day.

She really appreciated it....:laughing:

Seriously, I dont need someone to tell me when to tell my wife I love her, I do that every single day. we dont do valentines day and never have, and in a few weeks time we'll have been married 29yrs......... she's a very patient and tolerant woman, she's my best friend and I love spending time with her.

So girls, if he forgets or moans about having to give you a card and flowers 'n' shit dont give him a hard time, forgivness is much more fun.

Guest tv tanned

I got the missus a card, as is custom.

I got it from an independent boutique though, rather than give my cash to the supermarkets...

I'm taking her out for a meal and then cinema on Friday, thereby missing the extortionate Valentine's Day prices which eateries charge for their food.

i got some presents through the post from my friend back in aberdeen. was a nice surprise.

the last three years ive had a single red rose from my ex, even the year when i was going out with someone else. its funny how things can change in a year!

but yey for not having to spend money apart from a couple of texts to some cute guys.

Guest DustyDeviada
I'm taking her out for a meal and then cinema on Friday' date=' thereby missing the extortionate Valentine's Day prices which eateries charge for their food.[/quote']

Who says romance is dead? ;)

Meal out' date=' braved the cold. Went home.[/quote']

You forgot to mention the highlight of the evening, speaking to me in the taxi queue.

I'm sure you'll be pleased to know that a taxi pulled up right after yours. ;)

Guest DustyDeviada
Asking her to marry me was romantic enough' date=' I don't see why I should be ripped off for the purpose of wining and dining my wife-to-be...[/quote']

I concur! Although the present Mrs Deviada wouldn't, sadly.

I was rather miffed to discover the spiderman card I sent to my other half arrived in a plastic royal mail bag with a note saying it had been damaged and that some parts may be missing... by some parts missing the seemed to have meant the entire card as all he recieved was an envelope in a bag.

Bloody royal mail. Boo!

An envelope in a bag, the true meaning of Valentines day!

I'm taking her out for a meal and then cinema on Friday' date=' thereby missing the extortionate Valentine's Day prices which eateries charge for their food.[/quote']

Totally agree with that, I'm waiting till the weekend aswell. Restaurants on Valentine's night are so depressing, always full of old couples who have absolutely nothing to say to each other and are going out for their only meal of the year because they feel like they need to.

Obsessive -Compulsive Valentines

Sweetheart, I've got you under my skin. I'll wash and wash, but you'll never come out.

- - - -

Roses are red, violets are blue. Sugar is sweet, and I think I left the iron on.

- - - -

I'm crazy for you! Get it?

- - - -

BE MINE. Wait. That has six letters. Six letters is so unlucky. It's like YOU DIE. That's exactly what it's like. Now you're going to die and it's all my fault.

- - - -

Honey, I'm hot for you! It's like a fever. Do you think it's viral meningitis? I bet it is. I touched the light switch and who knows what germs were on there. Then I thought about you, and infected youit's a viral brain infection, so of course it's transmitted through brain waves, that makes perfect sense. We should probably just drive to the hospital right now.

- - - -

You're all I think about. Literally!

- - - -

You and me, sitting in a treeoh, wait, that doesn't sound very safe, does it? Let's say we're sitting on a couch instead. Huh. I wonder who sat on this couch before us. Maybe we should put some plastic wrap down. Yeah, I think we'd better. Is this a new box of plastic wrap, or has it been opened for a while? Are you sure? OK. OK. Let's just say it's new and move on. So we're sitting on a couch, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. Except that I kind of feel this tingle on my lip? Like I might be getting a cold sore? Maybe we should just forget the whole thing.

- - - -

It's hard to tell, what with all the SSRIs in my bloodstream, but I think I feel something for you.

- - - -

I'd touch you without gloves. If I could, I mean.

- - - -

I love you. Wait. That didn't feel right. Let me try it again. I love you. Don't think about disease. Don't think about disease. Don't think about disease. I love you. There.

i got the flu on valentines - if only i was getting sweaty with someone i could of pushed it right out my system.instead i was getting sweaty on my own tanking back bronchial mix and popping shit loads of pills - got a wee high then past out for a while. woke up and kicked my dogs. i think im a loser - but im not sure.im pretty sure i am though.