aberdeen-music

the most demeaning job in the world

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

it has never occurred to me how degrading it must be to play a bit part in certain adverts which grace our screens...anybody see the bonjella advert? no, not the one with the girl in the motorcycle helmet that hasn't been updated in well over a decade, but the more recent revision which bonjella created to ensure that they remained a competetor in today's cold sore treatment industry. So, tell me - how would you like to be the guy that plays the cold sore? The idiot had to sit inside a papier macher pit, dress from head to to in a white lycra jumpsuit, and make growling noises while waving his hands in a suggestively evil manner, all while encapsulated in some sort of bizarre rubber/cling film prison. And i'm not expecting for a minute that he managed to blast out such a perfect take first time - must have taken several attempts to get the right feel

shit, i started writing this ages ago, then i phoned dabby and started watching hollyoaks. you know where i'm coming from though, right?

Guest tv tanned

any job which involves dealing with a member of the public.

why do people think that being a customer gives them the automatic right to abuse people who are working for minimum wage pay?

not just retail' date=' i hate the way people treat service staff in all sectors as if they were their personal slaves.

Always treat others as you would wish to be treated yourself.[/quote']

I agree with this, although it has got me nowhere in life....i always cringe when I hear someone giving someone an earload over the phone about something pathetic, I couldn't live with myself treating people like shit and calling it constructive....

Guest MerryChristmas

I love working with the public and students....

having been given the task of teaching a bunch of ned type engineering students how to use word, excel and access 2 years ago....

also dealing with leary drunk people at the weekend:love:

Guest five years
I love working with the public and students....

having been given the task of teaching a bunch of ned type engineering students how to use word' date=' excel and access 2 years ago....

also dealing with leary drunk people at the weekend:love:[/quote']

you're that new-ish bouncer at exodus that used to/also works at the moorings, aren't you?

i always cringe when I hear someone giving someone an earload over the phone about something pathetic' date=' I couldn't live with myself treating people like shit and calling it constructive....[/quote']

i agree, but at the same time, i dont think that people who are shite at their job deserve some kind of protection simply because they're poorly paid. if you provide a poor level of customer service to someone who is paying, when they've not given you any reason not to do your job well, then you should expect what's coming to you.

/x

i agree' date=' but at the same time, i dont think that people who are shite at their job deserve some kind of protection simply because they're poorly paid. if you provide a poor level of customer service to someone who is paying, when they've not given you any reason not to do your job well, then you should expect what's coming to you.

/x[/quote']

Once a friend of mine was staying at The Travel Lodge in Bridge Street. He was from Houston, and his mobile phone wasn't setup for the UK. The only means I had of contacting him so that we could hook up, was via the Travel Lodge. So I called their national 0845 number, and eventually managed to get passed through to the reception desk in Aberdeen (via India). I asked the guy there, please could you pass a message onto Charlie ******* in room 214 to call me. The guy was somehow under the impression that I was calling from a long way away, decided to get his jollies over the phone, refused to do it, said he wasn't my slave, and told me to fuck off...

...so I walked the 800 yards from The Moorings to the Travel Lodge and 'convinced' him to pass my number to for Charlie. Which he did. I reckon he was most helpful on the phone after that.

I used to get told off for not smiling at customers in Miss Selfridges, so I was sent down to the stock room to listen to metal and tidy up; I only ever had to come up stairs to scare away shoplifters.

What I can't stand is people who think that just because you're not speaking to them face to face, that gives them the right to be assholes down the phone.

Guest scott cs.
try testing computer games ALL day.

actually' date=' nah, Im joking, my job's fucking ace.[/quote']

how'd you get that job?

i don't like my job as i have to deal with some violent drunk people, which can get quite scary if their threatening you and stuff.

i guess being a contractor on the death star would be worse.