aberdeen-music

legal advice please

ZeromiserY

Somebody needs changing!

Can you not provide something useful to this thread?

Anyway, to say that the sound levels are OTT has to be bullshit. You can barely hear a band at the lock-up, even when standing just outside the door. Spike even practice in the lock-up its noisy stuff but I have stood outside when the others have played and its barely audible.

The IH cant just guess that the bands in the lock-up are too loud.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be because the bands that practise there are shite in the ears of those who live the flats?

SOM and SPD practise there HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHA

this from someone who has nasum as their avatar

o_O

p.s, i had some people sit outside in their car, engine off while we played and they couldnt hear anything.

this was right outside the door.

Can you not provide something useful to this thread?

why bother?

the lock-up was fucked by people who acted like complete children. then, in some desperate new 'we're really angry at our own stupid doing' type rebellion, decided to throw toilet paper all over the place. THEN they decided it was a good idea to moan about how they fucked up the lock-up.

so, if we ever had a chance to sort something out with the residents across the road or with environmental health, its pretty much been ruined by the actions of one band who decided to act like overgrown babies.

please,

DO NOT LET THIS BAND USE YOUR PRACTICE SPACE

so wait a sec' date=' you guys trashed your own pratise place without knowing the full details of what you could or could not do? Please tell me this isnt the case.[/quote']

trashed may be a little extreme, but basically, yep. Toilet paper all over the place. Then a post on our lock up messageboard boasting of it. The same post also boasted of telling the EH people to "go fuck yourself."

GREAT ISN'T IT?

trashed may be a little extreme' date=' but basically, yep. Toilet paper all over the place. Then a post on our lock up messageboard boasting of it. The same post also boasted of telling the EH people to "go fuck yourself."

GREAT ISN'T IT?[/quote']

chuck them then, ive got no fucking time for that whatsoever.

As ive said you may or may not have a chance here of saving the place, make sure they take readings otherwise what are they basing the complaint on, its one word against another and there is no legal standing for them to shut you down without those readings. But you have to stick yup for yourselves dont let them push you guys around and tell what they want done.

maybe making sure that late bands practise quietly which might mean having more consideration to what kind of bands you have in the place, again going from my own experiences the bands that caused us problems were the really heavy ones, maybe not fair on them but im afraid thats the way it is.

To be fair, the lock-up has been running for about 2 years (as far as i'm aware) and hasn't had any major problems with noise. When we practiced there you couldn't hear us from more than a lane away from the door. My take on this is that a band / bands have been practicing far too loud and managed to piss of the people accross the road, which is a shame for all the bands who kept it safe.

chuck them then' date=' ive got no fucking time for that whatsoever.

As ive said you may or may not have a chance here of saving the place, make sure they take readings otherwise what are they basing the complaint on, its one word against another and there is no legal standing for them to shut you down without those readings. But you have to stick yup for yourselves dont let them push you guys around and tell what they want done.

maybe making sure that late bands practise quietly which might mean having more consideration to what kind of bands you have in the place, again going from my own experiences the bands that caused us problems were the really heavy ones, maybe not fair on them but im afraid thats the way it is.[/quote']

Already done (to a degree) - in the same aforementioned post, they said they'd never practice there again. Good.

As for the decibel ratings, I think Dave (or someone from the Upstarts) has/had a meeting with EH, so we'll see what comes of that. Thanks for the info though, its quite funny that somebody who runs another practice place seems to be more concerned then a band who was using the lock up itself!

To be fair' date=' the lock-up has been running for about 2 years (as far as i'm aware) and hasn't had any major problems with noise. When we practiced there you couldn't hear us from more than a lane away from the door. My take on this is that a band / bands have been practicing far too loud and managed to piss of the people accross the road, which is a shame for all the bands who kept it safe.[/quote']

Yep, we have practiced there on a Thursday (used to be a Friday) for quite a while now, from around 6-9pm, and have had no compaints whatsoever.

like i said, we didnt tell anyone to fuck anyone.

we didnt trash the place, just a roll or two of tp, no big deal.

we had carpeting up on the door but didnt really make any difference.

we aint gonna play there any more, just the principal of the the thing really.

and how do you know no-one ever complained about you? we didnt know until monday that any had moaned their face off about us. had they come across the road and said 'do you realsie that its loud enough to heasr across the street' we'd have happily turned down or padded the place up or something. but going from nothing, to , 'YER OOT' was a bit much