aberdeen-music

T In The Park 2006

Rob

only one band on that small list i'd pay to see.

well, only Sigur Ros (and to a lesser extent Primal scream, whom I've seen about 8 times) have got me reallly excited.

however, it's early days - like I said, there must be about 200 bands that play and you'd have to be some sort of music hater or have closeted musical tastes to not see at least 10 bands you like over the weekend.

the fun of it is seeing new bands and bands for the first time anyway.

and who cares who headlines the main stage? i think i've seen less than half a dozen bands on the main stage in the last few years - the tents always throw up the more interesting and esoteric acts as well as the bands that'll be headlining in a few years time.

The line up so far is safe and predictable.

all festivals start off like this, i mean good old glasto last year with the white stripes and coldplay, can you get any safer :down:

apparently kings of leon have now been confirmed and will be announced in the next batch of bands, the isle of wight are getting alot of good bands like dirty pretty things and the rakes and that normally follows just after T so hopefully theyll all go to T aswell

The line up so far is safe and predictable.

sigur ros?

hardly safe are they? not many Neds like them, i'd reckon.

and, like I said, there's another 200 bands to be announced - I'm sure once the tickets are sold the less "safe" bands will appear on the bill.

look at the other bands announced at festivals - metallica at download, deep purple and alice cooper at Monsters of Rock. predictability is the name of the game when it comes to the headliners - they're there to sell tickets, not expand your musical consciousness.

and if you're looking for a festival bill that isn't safe and predictable then I suggest you head down to Dundee on Friday for the three day "Kill your Timid Notion" festival or "Le weekend" in stirling in april - two of the most cutting edge and experimental festivals in the UK. in fact, wait till Triptych is announced - there'll be no RHCP or Kaiser Cheifs on the bill there.