aberdeen-music

Larkin Grimm + The Kitchen Cynics + Lese Majesty

chilli

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lese Majesty were ace, although there seemed to be some problems with the level of the sampler, but what can you do? Its not like it was a big problem. Like being on fire onstage. Thats a big problem.

It might have been the best Kitchen Cynics performance I've seen, and with the exception of that song about philip and dying and the likes, featured all of my favourite kitchen cynics songs. Good choice of setlist, Alan. Good choice.

Larkin Grimm's voice was amazing, but I think by the second encore I'd had more than enough. Still, it was nice that she continued playing for people.

Seemed to be a pretty good attendance too, y'all.

Guest bluesxman

Lese Majesty were pretty good but the sampler/loop device was just way too loud for the music and overpowered it somewhat, enjoyed most of it nonetheless.

Kitchen Cynics was a great set, that loop pedal thingy on Torry Ferry is very impressive. To me anyway. Despite your concerns when I bumped into you in the loo beforehand Alan, I'm sure the set will go down well in the States. Jammy get.

I thought Larkin Grimm was pretty amazing, that voice is unbelievable. Listening to her album now, so glad I purchased it.

All round very good value for 5 quid.

Oh, and well done to Richard for his cool DJ set and especially Human Fly. Never hear enough Cramps played. But you never played the one off the Twin Peaks disc I wanted. Let you off though.

Can't do anything but agree with the last two posts.

Lese Majesty were good, but the sampling was starting to annoy me after a while. Would probably have enjoyed it more if the 'effects guy' wasn't there.

I'm ashamed to say that's the first time I've been able to catch Kitchen Cynics. Thoroughly enjoyed Alan's performance and loved the way he effortlessly weaved his little stories in the songs. (I bought a couple of cd-r's as promised Alan :up: )

Pretty much blown away by the strength of Larkin Grimm's voice. I thought she was going to be a bit mental when she asked everyone to stop smoking, but was nothing other than charming throughout the set. Yes, she went on a bit long, but the crowd wanted it and she was delighted to oblige.

Another great IMP show. Roll on next week for Things In Herds and Adrian Crowley (free plug)

:up:

Guest bluesxman
Her album definitely gets under your skin' date=' I've found. I'm intrigued!!!

I take it it was the Waterfall song you didn't like? It has grown on me, despite the shrill whistly bits.[/quote']

Sorry I just noticed you asked me a question - yes it was the Waterfall song that was irritating to my ears. Glad to say none of her songs last night irritated me at all...

Great evening!

1st act were pretty chaotic, but there were some lovely moments.

Alan played the best I've ever heard him! FANTASTIC, perfect infact... America is in for a treat!

I thought Lark was mmm, mmmmm, LOVE that voice!

And, an audience that listened! :up:

Thank you IMP!

Guest bluesxman
And' date=' an audience that listened! :up: [/quote']

Apart from the gimps who came and sat in front of me for a while, thankfully they moved but could still be heard rabbiting on up top later. :swearing:

Guest DustyDeviada

According to the 15th march edition of The Gaudie:

Larkin Grimm, Kitchen Cynics and Lese Majesty (all band [sic] destined to never make it big because of their shit names)

Bloody students.

Guest DustyDeviada
If its any help Alan' date=' I know for a fact that the music editor of the Gaudie likes you![/quote']

Get him to publish a full public apology ASAP, or we will confiscate their duffel coats and ban them from the next CND meeting.