aberdeen-music

Simon and Miquita are leaving Popworld!!!

PrincessHolly

I am distraught, Simon and Miquita are the best pop presenters on TV today because they understand that it's not meant to be taken too seriously, what other daytime pop presenters would give you an introduction as honest as "Kubb's" the other week.

Simon - And now for a band being hailed as the "new Coldplay"?

Miquita - Really? I thought they only barely scraped the Top 20 with their last single

Guest five years

they were shit.

she was shit.

he was shit.

the program, as a concept - as basic as it was, was, you guessed it, shit.

they had shit chat. he WASN'T funny, she CERTAINLY WASN'T attractive (or whatever her purpose for being there was, DEFINATELY wasn't as the other half of a comedy duo maybe she was there to keep it urban. or something. whatever it was, she was SHIT at it.)

reporting on the next big thing like rooster and some guy called craig david, and some infinitesimally tiny band U2 like they were the next big thing in a pointlessly off hand and uninteresting way. embarrasing guests by being shit at a basic "presenter" function like interviewing, someone somewhere was laughing when they employed those two, more people immediately next to them were bursting into tears i fear.

EVERYTHING i hate about pop-music in one brightly coloured and pointless half hour every week of however often it was.

they were shit.

she was shit.

he was shit.

the program' date=' as a concept - as basic as it was, was, you guessed it, shit.

EVERYTHING i hate about pop-music in one brightly coloured and pointless half hour every week of however often it was.[/quote']

you're shit!

seriously though, simon and miquita were geniuses on popworld. maybe the fact you don't like pop-music is the reason you hate simon and miquita. my favourite simon amstell moment was definately interviewing beanie man. you all remember it!

Guest five years
seriously though' date=' simon and miquita were geniuses on popworld. maybe the fact you don't like pop-music is the reason you hate simon and miquita.[/quote']

i think it's probably more to do with i don't think he's remotely funny or she even has a purpose being on my telly. :)

I remember when they first started on Pop World, and they couldn't present to save their lives. The folk that make PopWorld obviously noticed this, and decided to use this as a gimmick. To be fair, it was funny seeing rookie presenters at the beginning, but then as time went on, they thought they were "hip and cool", Simon thought he was funny and Miquita thought she was hot. NEWSFLASH: they both suck. So does their show. Good riddance.

embarrasing guests by being shit at a basic "presenter" function like interviewing' date='[/quote']

Guh! that's the idea, they're essentially just taking the piss out of nobody popstars for the duration of the show, that's the beauty. If they were just shit presenters, C4 would have replaced them, they were actually very clever, it just flew over most peoples heads.

It was almost a kind of satirical pop show.

Guest five years
Guh! that's the idea' date=' they're essentially just taking the piss out of nobody popstars for the duration of the show, that's the beauty. If they were just shit presenters, C4 would have replaced them, they were actually very clever, it just flew over most peoples heads.

It was almost a kind of satirical pop show.[/quote']

i think you're giving them FAR FAR FAR too much credit for just being shitty presenters who use funny words instead of appropriate ones and who are able to laugh at themselves.

Guest five years
Apparently Alex Zane is one of the new presenters. I've just thrown up on my knees.

he's even less funny than the very unfunny time i almost cut my eye out with an axe. true story, it was very unfunny and there was blood.