aberdeen-music

Good Bands/ Bad Bands

Scenester1

Just like to share a list of local bands who I've seen recently who I've liked/disliked.

Liked

Stanley

Lorenzo Snow Collective

Copy Ha Ho

Stroszek

Hookers Geen No 1

Onion Terror

The Videos

Kitchen Cynics

Delaware

Disliked

Lunar

Port Of Saints

The Viper Lines

Genevieve

Dedalus

The stupid symbol band :)

Ghost Of Bongo

The Wells

Rescue Party

Feel free to agree/ disagree, cue friends of the disliked bands cueing up to defend...

Just like to share a list of local bands who I've seen recently who I've liked/disliked.

Liked

Stanley

Lorenzo Snow Collective

Copy Ha Ho

Stroszek

Hookers Geen No 1

Onion Terror

The Videos

Kitchen Cynics

Delaware

Disliked

Lunar

Port Of Saints

The Viper Lines

Genevieve

Dedalus

The stupid symbol band :)

Ghost Of Bongo

The Wells

Rescue Party

Feel free to agree/ disagree' date=' cue friends of the disliked bands cueing up to defend...[/quote']

hookers green, copyhaho, kitchen cynics,videos, stroszek, delawaire, dedalus are all decent aberdeen bands that ive seen

Glad you don't like us.

Was there anything productive about the negativity for local bands who spend all their time doing something they love or are you just a moron??

There are bands I have seen and don't like but I don't hide behind a username and slag them off. I have respect for them coz they do what they do and usually with passion. I wouldn't tell them I don't like them.

Show some respect!!

Its just my opinion on the bands, nothing personal. If a bands local I feel I can say if I don't like them as much as if they were a national one. Every band will get criticism good or bad and while I may not like whatever band your in Im sure there are some out there who do and they might even state so on this thread.

My list would be made up of bands that I want to like and sound great on paper but turn out to be a tad lack lustre... I will avoid open criticism however, far to many folk bands just can't take it on the chin and learn from it or just not give a shit that someone doesn't like them...

J

There are bands I have seen and don't like but I don't hide behind a username and slag them off. I have respect for them coz they do what they do and usually with passion. I wouldn't tell them I don't like them.
But you will hide beind a username and call someone a moron for not liking your band.....and not even mention which band it is he dislikes that you happen to be in.

i like you. cos you're a fucking idiot.

I would tell a band I don't like them if I didnt like them....because I don't like them.

I would also tell a band they were shit if they were shit....because they are shit.

Respect is for girls. and fucking idiots.

please tell me you're a girl. that would be amazingly perfect.

Glad you don't like us.

Was there anything productive about the negativity for local bands who spend all their time doing something they love or are you just a moron??

Show some respect!!

Do you expect him to say he likes every local band. Saying you 'dislike' a band isn't exactly slagging them off. If he said 'this band were fucking shit and they should never be in a band in the first place' then fair enough. But he has been quite reasonable.

If you are gonna react like that you are gonna have to either

a> Stop playing in Aberdeen - cos there are gonna many people who will slag off your band

b>Learn to live with it.

My list would be made up of bands that I want to like and sound great on paper but turn out to be a tad lack lustre... I will avoid open criticism however' date=' far to many folk bands just can't take it on the chin and learn from it or just not give a shit that someone doesn't like them...

J[/quote']

I meant to write 'folk in bands'...

What kind of stuff do Dedalus play? Asking due to the obvious name link ;)

that's a different spelling of Dedalus though. the greek mythological version is Daedalus whereas Dedalus got their name from a James Joyce book called portrait of an artist as a young man. the lead character being called Stephen Dedalus.

they're a post-punk band who do a fine line in noisy pop music. but i may be biased as i used to be in the band.

Its just my opinion on the bands' date=' nothing personal. If a bands local I feel I can say if I don't like them as much as if they were a national one. Every band will get criticism good or bad and while I may not like whatever band your in Im sure there are some out there who do and they might even state so on this thread.[/quote']

While I don't think there's anything wrong with stating a dislike or like of local bands, I do think there's something quite pointless about just providing a couple of lists without any explanation. If my band was in either list, I think my reaction would probably be a shrug of the shoulders, which is unlikely to start any debate, unless somebody in the same room as me asks why I'm shrugging my shoulders. Even then, it'd be a rubbish conversation.

So somebody says they don't like yr band' date=' it's not like they've just shat on yr rug or something... You can't expect everyone to like a band, but then again a thread like this was always going to annoy people.[/quote']"That rug really tied the room together did it not?"

"Fuckin' A!"