aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Lester Burnham

Artic Monkey's Album - What's your verdict?

theres no way it can be the 5th greatest british album ever...its bearly been out a month!! its yet to stand the test of time!! we'll have forgotten about them in 5 years time!! i think they're over-hyped! i think NME and folk like that are trying to look for a new legend...maybe not this time round boys!! NME have always been retards when it comes to music!!

i've heard worse, 'i bet you look good on the dancefloor' is a cracking tune mind, best on the album.

and i agree with lester about this fifth best album of all time nonsense in the enemy.... everyone knows that phil collins no jacket required is the fifth best album of all time

i think NME and folk like that are trying to look for a new legend...maybe not this time round boys!!

Exactly, that's pretty much what fuels everything NME do, they want to create the next huge band and then claim to have 'discovered' them.

theres no way it can be the 5th greatest british album ever...its bearly been out a month!! its yet to stand the test of time!! we'll have forgotten about them in 5 years time!! i think they're over-hyped! i think NME and folk like that are trying to look for a new legend...maybe not this time round boys!! NME have always been retards when it comes to music!!

Nice use of exclamation marks.

Guest bluesxman

IMHO it has 2 very good songs - 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor' and 'From The Ritz To The Rubble', the rest of the songs are serviceable, enjoyable enough. I just ignore the hype it's all nonsense. They won't have any long lasting effect on music. I can't see the same appeal for a second helping. One extremely successful album produced without the assistance of the major record industry, take all the resulting money then split up would be a lovely thing.

The following things are good about the album:

The bass drum kicking in on "When the sun goes down"

Rhyming "Mondeo" with "say owt"

The opening two lines of "Mardy Bum"

"bang, b-b-bang go"

"get off the bandwagon, put down the handbook"

the rest is a bit, shall we say, dull.

AKM

I just think it's dull. Overhyped drivel riding on the back of a thousand soundalike bands. A triumph of the banal and mediocre.

They just annoy me intensely.

(It doesn't help that every other scruffy ruffian is asking for them 100 times every night in Exodus...:swearing: )

gone were the days when it was only me who annoyed you to play them

i agree. it was playing in a pub i was in the other day. and i heard it about twice all the way through. didnt think it was anything amazing. sounded a bit too samey all the way through.

i dont get the fuss over them

Sugababes are covering "bet you look good...." on the radio just now....... just sounds like the sort of pish they would sing..... the fact people can't blatantly see this band is bad teeny pop music in disguise is distrurbing

Sugababes are covering "bet you look good...." on the radio just now....... just sounds like the sort of pish they would sing..... the fact people can't blatantly see this band is bad teeny pop music in disguise is distrurbing

i didn't actually see the disguise

Wankababes

Bad example, the Sugababes aren't bad teeny pop.