aberdeen-music

Emergenza Aberdeen Event Info.

Emergenza

if you do a wee googley search for "Hot Mangu"

you'll see quite a few listings for the gig we did on friday..

(well you could last week anyways)

so perhaps there was some promotion done for it

personally

we've done it two years in a row

and done well both times

last year we won the Aberdeen heat and we came 3rd in the Aberdeen/Dundee final

and this year we won the only Aberdeen heat and are going straight down to the final in Glasgow (with the Little Kicks too)

which is great (we think)

cos it means we get a chance to put on a show in front of what will hopefully be a good crowd of people and promote ourselves' date=' sell some stuff, hand some stuff out etc. etc.

if you're in a band you usually want to do as many gigs as possible to get as much exposure as possible

thats exactly what we're doing with this competition

- in two years we've played to a packed out Kef, Fat Sams, Subway, Tunnels and soon Carling Academy.. nothing wrong with that really

we've lost no money (or at least no more than usual)

and its helped us sell a few cd's and get more mailing list contacts, gig contacts, band contacts

s'all good

:']

Although it may be good for bands it is bad for the public as they have to pay 7/10 quid to see local bands. That's my problem with it.

Also, i don't know how Carling Academy can be packed with local bands but maybe i'm being a bit sceptic about the whole things.

Guest Mr Blastcap

hello, whats all this then?

i would like to offer any bands interested in this emergency gig a very special introductory offer to "mr blastcaps excellent alchemy club", anyone interested please pm me- meetings are once a week and as well as the old tricky turning lead into gold process i can also turn Paul Weller into soap.walk on water and invert the universe through convex yodelling. please include your full name, adress, shoe size, bank account number and sort code in the pm and soon you will be a member!

a thankinufor yirbeezwaxpleeze.