aberdeen-music

Metal... With Swords

Icarus Falls

Alreet guys, I've just registered here as I've got a few good mates in Aberdeen who want us to come play a gig. What's the need for power metal up there? We're wondering if we'd get a crowd if we arranged a gig in Aberdeen this summer, so I want to know early if there's a decent following for stuff like Iron Maiden, Freedom Call, Edguy, Iced Earth etc. If there is, let me know, or feel free to tell me to get to fuck and take my leather pants with me.

We've no demo yet, not for a couple of months, but our site is under construction at http://www.icarusfalls.co.uk, and we're on http://www.myspace.com/icarusfallsband.

Cheers.

Hahahah. We don't play Dungeons and Dragons and we don't sing about orcs.

We're power metal musically' date=' lyrically we're more Maiden.

What's the main music scene in Aberdeen? If it's indie there's no hope :(

What's the need for epic riffs and thundering solos? You're missing out min ;)[/quote']

it's a mixed bag of varying styles of predominately guitar based music. there's lots of indie bands and a fair few metal, punk and rock bands as well.

Alreet guys' date=' I've just registered here as I've got a few good mates in Aberdeen who want us to come play a gig. What's the need for power metal up there? We're wondering if we'd get a crowd if we arranged a gig in Aberdeen this summer, so I want to know early if there's a decent following for stuff like Iron Maiden, Freedom Call, Edguy, Iced Earth etc. If there is, let me know, or feel free to tell me to get to fuck and take my leather pants with me.

We've no demo yet, not for a couple of months, but our site is under construction at [url']http://www.icarusfalls.co.uk, and we're on http://www.myspace.com/icarusfallsband.

Cheers.

Ascension would be happy to work out a gig/gig swap - it's best going to the website (www.ascensionband.co.uk) then going to the forum, because we're not on here much. You could also try getting hold of Everwicked, I'm sure they've got a Myspace page somewhere, and they've got some game. The influences list of us both is very akin to yourselves.

Hope this helps.

I'm used to those responses, usually from indie fans, it's an inherently pretentious genre. To label anyone's music an unnecessary pisstake is out of order by anyone's standards, musicians should be professional enough to keep that crap to themselves. I don't enjoy indie and I don't enjoy contemporary punk but I respect anyone with the drive to go out and make music.

I'm used to those responses' date=' usually from indie fans, it's an inherently pretentious genre. To label anyone's music an unnecessary pisstake is out of order by anyone's standards, musicians should be professional enough to keep that crap to themselves. I don't enjoy indie and I don't enjoy contemporary punk but I respect anyone with the drive to go out and make music.[/quote']

I enjoy a bit of Indie but that was the nineties 4 you! The noughties are all about the Metal - I'm loving it all! Please come and play!

I enjoy a bit of Indie but that was the nineties 4 you! The noughties are all about the Metal - I'm loving it all! Please come and play!

Cheers man. We're not all about swords and dragons and mighty hammers held high, I think that's often the conception of power metal held by non-fans. We're just a metal band with a lot of influences drawn from the soaring melodies and harmonies of Maiden and Priest, with some more contemporary 'heavier' elements.

Cheers man. We're not all about swords and dragons and mighty hammers held high' date=' I think that's often the conception of power metal held by non-fans. We're just a metal band with a lot of influences drawn from the soaring melodies and harmonies of Maiden and Priest, with some more contemporary 'heavier' elements.[/quote']

Wow you sound like just my cup o tea. Keep me informed of any developments please?