aberdeen-music

Northern Inertia @ TheStation Hotel, Stonehaven, Fri 10th Feb

Northern Inertia...

Post Rock instumentalist making their first gig appearance at the Station Hotel this friday 10th Feb supporting Paddy Rasta...

Influences include Mogwai, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Sigur Ros

Come check us out if you can be bothered venturing to the depths of Stonehaven...

7 Door Tax

Station Hotel, Stonehaven

Tickets available From A Way With the Faeries.

Tel. 01569-766808

Yes an example of the music would be nice...Can you pay on the door as well as get tickets in advance? Station is 2 minutes from my hoose....may venture round....

Aye, no recordings done as of yet...will be done soon though.

It's seven pound due to Paddy Rasta demanding 300 buks for their set...fucking bullshit if you ask me but meh, we're playing anyways it's a gig innit

I don't like them personally. They are a northern irish fushion of regae and irish tunes...i saw them at a Aboyne fire festival and thought they were okay' date=' but rather repetative.[/quote']

I'm sorry, but if a band are playing at an Aboyne fire festival, they surely can't be in a position to demand 300 for a show which is presumably quite close to their location?!

I'm sorry' date=' but if a band are playing at an Aboyne fire festival, they surely can't be in a position to demand 300 for a show which is presumably quite close to their location?![/quote']

I'm not the one who booked them so the organisers could be full of shit regarding the amount being charged...300 i don't believe myself really but hey.

I was in there for the first time in ages on Saturday' date=' and there's no way it would be in the lounge.....[/quote']

no, it would be silly to do it in the lounge. for a start the station would never charge for entry into the lounge and it just wouldn't be right. however, anything has to be better than the karaoke in there on a friday. urgh.

Oh man like you wouldnt believe...this year we have had Lightning Bolt play the town hall, sonic youth dropped by to play the community centre....and Les Savy Fav played 'Divas' nightclub....its like a mini New York down this way....

But in all honesty....this is the first gig i have noticed in stonehaven not aimed at 13 years olds or 60 year olds....

I still maintain that we could hold our own on a scene...a suprising amount of good bands or at least band members come from here.

Oh man like you wouldnt believe...this year we have had Lightning Bolt play the town hall' date=' sonic youth dropped by to play the community centre....and Les Savy Fav played 'Divas' nightclub....its like a mini New York down this way....

But in all honesty....this is the first gig i have noticed in stonehaven not aimed at 13 years olds or 60 year olds....

I still maintain that we could hold our own on a scene...a suprising amount of good bands or at least band members come from here.[/quote']

A 'music scene' in Stonehaven is a depressing thought!

A 'music scene' in Stonehaven is a depressing thought!

No no, there is so many talented bands in these remote parts, we're trying to get these gigs on all the time so we have places to play in own town and so peeps don't have to venture to town to see bands all the time...

And for those who were inquiring...it's in the function room, the gig that is.

No no' date=' there is so many talented bands in these remote parts, we're trying to get these gigs on all the time so we have places to play in own town and so peeps don't have to venture to town to see bands all the time...

And for those who were inquiring...it's in the function room, the gig that is.[/quote']

I lived in Stonehaven until late Summer, and the only bands I was aware of were a couple of crap metal bands, with ridiculous egos. I swear they even walked around town playing their electric guitars, unplugged.

ps - I don't know a Billy Balmer, but my name is Richard.