aberdeen-music

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Poo

Ross

This thread is ace! Ive been naughty though, had to do two for each.

Something Old -

Therapy?- Troublegum. one of my top ten, or twenty of all time. nuff said.

Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables. old school punk is ALWAYS better than new.

Something New -

Chaimira - Chimaira. So its not all that new, but Its the most recent album ive bought. Trying not to buy "new" music at the moment, as most of it is utter pish anyway!

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV. I wasn't sure about it to begin with but it grew on me, just kept on listening to it. Everyone should own an album of theirs.

Something Borrowed -

Down - Nola. never heard of them before the summer, recommended by a partner, stolen upon divorce! Sexy as fuck.

KSE - The End of Heartache. as above, . . but had heard of em before. I just fucking love 'em.

Something Poo -

QOTSA- Lullabies to Paralyze. What a pile of shite that was. Dont get me wrong, I love them, have since Kyuss, Dwarves etc. I was dubious after Nick decided to jump ship, but decided to keep my faith. Just shows who had all the talent. Took it straight back.

Foo Fighters - In Your Honour. I'm sorry to say it, and a few years ago I wouldn't have believed it myself, but theyve just gone so far downhill since their hayday man. Is it just me? Am I getting old? They used to fucking rock my world, they used to be raw and angry. Maybe thats it. No relationship problems/ Band fall outs/ Courtney Love = bland. boo hoo

Something Old - Crowbar - Odd Fellows Rest: Discovered this again in anticipation of their tour next month with Will Haven. None fucking heavier indeed..

Indeed! Fantastic record' date=' and the Will Haven tour wil be a fucking classic! very excited...

Something Poo - The Chariot - Can't remember the name of the record but what a load of bollocks. This whole metalcore thing is starting to get ridiculous.

Noooo! The Chariot are a fucking great band - like a more fucked-up Norma Jean, brutally heavy, cracking riffs, each song has an actual structure - all together now "THIS AIN'T MY FIRST RODEO!" There are WAY more rubbish generic metal-core bands about.

ps. I'm CERTAIN there are more rubbish metalcore bands in the UK right now that RnR ones. Definately.

Anyway:

Something Old - I was gonna go with Crowbar too, but instead I'll take the other road - Will Haven - WHVN. I appreciate its not the regular fave record, but it was the one I REALLY got into them on. Fantastic band - hope the new EP is decent.....(EDIT: Sepulturas "Arise" is quite possibly the best metal album of all time)

Something New - Taint - The Ruin of Novo Roma. Fantastic Welsh metal, kinda Old Man Gloom meets Isis meets Clutch. Heavy, heavy sounds with a rocking groove. Love it, love it, love it.

Something Borrowed - The Supersuckers/Electric Frankenstein split CD I stole from Robb Lucifer (nee A Go Go) - Rock n ROOOOLLLL!

Something Poo - Some Girls - Heavens Pregnant Teens. WHY do I contiue to buy this bands CDs? Rubbish, rubbish shapeless hardcore from a bunch of tools who think they're "clever". Toss.

Old: Master of Puppets - Metallica. It's been a favourite since it came out, and I still isten to it on a regular basis.

New: The Like - Are you Thinking What I'm Thinking, or Giant Drag - Hearts and Unicorns. I've had them both on import for a few months now, and they're both great albums.

Borrowed: Have borrowed anything for ages, the last thing was the Mariam and Amadou album - didn't want to keep it though!

Poo: Chaimira by Chaimira. Bought it when it came out, but just can't get into it.

Something Old - Sick of it all - Built to last.

The first Sick of it all CD I got and still one of my favorite albums. Ace hardcore and no tough guy shit. I love it

Something New - Nothing Done - Powertrip 12''

Just got this from Nothing done records and it is fantastic. If you like fast hardcore/punk you should check them out on myspace click

Something Borrowed - I "borrowed" my little brothers copy of Slayer - Reign in blod and since he didn't really like it anyway I dont think it will be going back. But if he did ever take it back I'd be gutted

Something Poo - Will Haven - El Diablo.

I was told be a load of people it was good and bought it two years ago but thought it was shit and its just gone on ebay

Red Sparowes - At The Soundless Dawn LOVELY !!!!

Been listening to that solid for the past two days. Brilliant album. Although, it isn't that new, came out around this time last year.

Anywho...

Old - Neurosis - Through Silver In Blood

New - Yob - Illusion of Motion

(Yeah, this was released in 2004, but it's the newest thing I've been listening to over the past while asides At The Soundless Dawn)

Borrorwed - Haven't really borrowed anything off of anyone over the past while.

Poo - The Dillinger Escape Plan - Miss Machine

(Really don't know what to make of this album at all. Like most of their other stuff, but this album just seemed to be lacking. Not because they toned their playing down a bit, just because it seemed like a rehash of Irony Is A Dead Scene, only bad and without Patton.)

Guest Phantomsmasher

Old: His Hero Is Gone "15 Counts of Arson" Still one of the best Crust releases I have ever heard.

New: Dalek "Absence" It's not that new, but it's the newest thing I've been listening to heavily, can't recomend them enough.

Borrowed: Depeche Mode "Black Celebration"

Poo: Killswitch Engage "End of the Heartache" Bought it off a whim, and due to the fact I quite liked the other album back then. Completly awful, cheesy metal.