aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
timson

Tabs Nowadays

any body recommend any good bass tab sites 4 bands like rage against the machine,soundgarden,system of a down,muse?

damm the mxtabs deletion

basstabarchive.com

i you use firefox, you can get a search plugin which allows searching straight away, without even having to visit the site. it's a pretty handy little thing.

/x

It's a piece of fookin nonsense!! I was devastated the other day when I typed in for mxtabs.net and it took me to some review website.

The world is such a stupid shitty place right now ... to quote some Tool (from an "illegal(?)" site ;)) "Mom please flush it all away". I taught myself to play drums using mxtabs and without it, I would have got nowhere. It's all money money money. I can't even see what their problem is with tabs. I mean fair enough if sheet music exists for it then I can see why it might be an infrigement of copyright but for 99% of the music on these tab websites, there is no bloody sheet music.

I would love to get into a heated (with fists) discussion with the git in that article who talks about jail time ... asshole

I recomend learning for ear. Makes you a far better player.

I wish i learnt from ear when i very first started.

leard to read music as well.

I need to learn to read music I think for sure.

As for learning by ear - depends what I'm learning. Some stuff (Metallica, Slayer etc.) is fine enough.

Tried that Cryptopsy song (...And Then It Passes)... could NEVER learn that by ear! o_O