aberdeen-music

Mozilla Firefox Users...

Paulscoconutass

Anyone know how to switch profiles' date=' it prompted me to make a new one and i went on to it and seem to have lost all my favourites and stuff. Can't seem to find the menu to change the default profile again.[/quote']

Go into the folder

C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles

There should be a folder with the extension ".default". Note the prefix for this folder, then go back one directory to ..\Firefox, open the file "profiles.ini" with notepad:

[General]

StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]

Name=default

IsRelative=1

Path=Profiles/ir9qw3l2.default

<---- change this to the prefix you noted earlier.

NOTE: If there is more than one folder under Profiles, try each prefix until you get back to the one you were using.

Anyone know how to switch profiles' date=' it prompted me to make a new one and i went on to it and seem to have lost all my favourites and stuff. Can't seem to find the menu to change the default profile again.[/quote']

Or you could Control+alt+delete...go the the processes tab and kill the firefox process (firefox.exe). Restart firefox and you can use the profile that was being used originally.

Guest MerryChristmas
Cool. Would you recommend it over Firefox? I'm might give it a try.

definately, it has a built in email client, doesnt use as much memory as firefox when running, is free, has different language versions including one for BORK BORK BORK - muppets, can let you see what a page would look like on a c64, has a text only mode, you can change which browser it reports to websites as - ie, opera or mozilla

First browser to have tabbed browsing and a lot of other things

definately' date=' it has a built in email client, doesnt use as much memory as firefox when running, is free, has different language versions including one for BORK BORK BORK - muppets, can let you see what a page would look like on a c64, has a text only mode, you can change which browser it reports to websites as - ie, opera or mozilla

First browser to have tabbed browsing and a lot of other things[/quote']

Cheers! Might give it a butchers.