aberdeen-music

prosound???

drum bum

• 2 weeks later...

Well they weren't open today and there was heaps of mail lying at the door so it looked like it hadn't been open in a while. Instead I went up to Bruce Millers and discovered that they're not that bad afterall. Their drum's are very well priced ... will probably be looking to get my next kit from there albeit that will be in a couple of years cause I want a Starclassic Maple and a rather large one at that :up:

Cymbals may very well be quite pricy but I haven't enquired about them yet as I shop in Glasgow for cymbals. Sound Control are seriously cheap for cymbals but not very good unless you know what you want or you've tried them elsewhere as they have almost no stock. Check their website if you want to see what cymbals should cost :D

• 8 months later...
So... Prosound always seems to be shut and there's a sign up on the door saying that it's for sale as a going concern.

Doesn't look great...

THe owner was in hospital and that's why it's been closed (according to previous signage in the windows) but it was supposed to reopen last week. Every couple of days they put a new sign up syaing it's going to reopen on whatever date, then that date hits and it isn't open. Today is another of those dates so it'll be interesting to see if it's open when I walk home tonight.

It'll be a shame if it closes, it was nice and handy for me if I needed strings, leads or anything while at my flat.

he has bought a new building, just trying to sell the old one, he has one on school hill i think.

Surely if he was just selling the building he would just move and take his stock with him then sell the empty shop? The sign in the window states that the business is for sale as a going concern, not the shop. Sounds more like it's prosound and it's stock etc. that's being offered up rather than the building.

Surely if he was just selling the building he would just move and take his stock with him then sell the empty shop? The sign in the window states that the business is for sale as a going concern, not the shop. Sounds more like it's prosound and it's stock etc. that's being offered up rather than the building.

maybe i dont know that much about it really just what ive been told by him, you may be right you may not.

As far as I know, Mike the owner was in the process of moving to somewhere beside the old Union. But he has been in hospital, and due to health reasons is no longer able to run the shop. Hence he is selling it as a going concern, but ideally he will still have some kind of input on a part-time basis. Whether it will open again on Holburn Street meantime or not, I don't know. It is a shame though, cos it was a great wee shop. Hopefully the right person will come along to keep it going.

As far as I know, Mike the owner was in the process of moving to somewhere beside the old Union. But he has been in hospital, and due to health reasons is no longer able to run the shop. Hence he is selling it as a going concern, but ideally he will still have some kind of input on a part-time basis. Whether it will open again on Holburn Street meantime or not, I don't know.

This does seem to be the case, from what i know. Hopefully mike will beat his illness and be back on form soon.

• 3 months later...

The shop hasn't been open for a few months now. Although someone seems to collect the mail now and then (I walk past it every day on my way to work).

The for sale notice in the window came down a while ago but nothing seems to have changed.

Um... while speculating about the fate of a business is one thing, I'm not sure about the ethics of speculating whether someone has died on a public messageboard.

Sadly the news about Mike is true, he has passed on and his funeral was this week. As alluded to previously in this thread, he suffered ill-health for some time, hence the difficulties with the shop.

As far as I know, arrangements are in progress regarding the shop and it is no longer for sale, but I don't know any more than that. As I said before I hope the shop can re-open somewhere along the line, but we'll just have to wait and see.

RIP, Mike.