aberdeen-music

ZX Spectrum games wanted

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Long shot I know, but I thought I'd try here before trawling through Ebo. Anyone got any games gathering dust for this exotic machine? Check your lofts, because I want them and am prepared to pay.

Taped over most my tapes...but I remember a website years ago that had mp3's which you could hook up to your tape machine and record to get working copies!!

Might still have a couple at my mums house though.

In the meantime though....

http://www.worldofspectrum.org

Almost EVERY speccy game available to play/download online!

Except the OCEAN and CODEMASTERS games who fucking complained....I can't remember seeing speccy tapes in the shops since 1991 so i fail to see how they think they're loosing out on money!!#

------------------------------------------------------

Here we go...

You need this tool...ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/tools/pc/tape2wav.zip

This converts the TZX spectrum archive image format into a windows WAV file so you can audibly heard. You could hook the PC up to a tape deck and record the noise, then load the tapes in the machine.

I imagine the WAV files might turn out quite big so make sure you have a spare bit of hard drive space.

As for the images, loads of good (legal) images here http://www.worldofspectrum.org/stp/games.html

Ain't that much great games in a perfect TZX format (which is what you would need) but enough to get you started.

I want a speccy again now!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Oh Christ Keilan, that's far too technical for a Luddite like me! Yeah, I know about the WOS site. Codemasters complained? The absolute cunts, that means no Dizzy games. Guess I'm keeping an eye on the P+J small ads, someone sells Speccy stuff there about once a month.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
once tape2wav has done its thing just convert from wav to mp3 or wma :up:

probably wont work but you could try

I could, but I'm thick as shit when it comes to computers so I'd better not.